Fly Fusion Forums

Budweiser Lime

Has been a lot of talk lately about Budwieser Lime beer and how hard it is to get. Well, I had the opportunity to try it today and must say it does taste like a light beer with lots of lime in it. Whoopy freakin do!

The stuff has been out for years in the USA. Miller makes a great beer called Miller Chill, brewed after the mexican chelada style (beer, lime, salt). They are super refreshing in 30 degree heat while on a boat wakeboarding, infact you can easily go through 12-24 in a day.

Im surprised that it has taken the companies this long to bring them into Canada, and when they did, whoops major underestimation of demand.

For now Ill stick with my Black Label ( $26 for 24 cans at superstore). Maybe Ill add my own lime!

The stuff has been out for years in the USA. Miller makes a great beer called Miller Chill, brewed after the mexican chelada style (beer, lime, salt). They are super refreshing in 30 degree heat while on a boat wakeboarding, infact you can easily go through 12-24 in a day.

Im surprised that it has taken the companies this long to bring them into Canada, and when they did, whoops major underestimation of demand.

For now Ill stick with my Black Label ( $26 for 24 cans at superstore). Maybe Ill add my own lime!

Was going to say the exact same thing...been drinking it for a while in the states and no big deal. But the Miller Chill...love the Salt and will be bringing some back when I go down tomorrow. Not sure why Bud light lime is more popular than the chill.

Bud also has out a Spicy Clamato beer also. Actually pretty good too with lots of salt and kick.

No Bud Light Lime for weeks here in Calgary. Big Rock jumped on the bandwagon and had record sales with their Lime lager and filling in for BLL. As a former Big Rock rep in the old days it is sad that since they went public they have moved in to mainstream style beers and away from the craft beers.

Back to Bud Light Lime, I betcha it has been stockpiled for weeks and will saturate the city during Stampede!!

Yeah I just bought some in the states and brought it over... US$10.56/doz (Walmart). Pretty good stuff, but not worth the CDN$15/6 in Canada. I guess a Facebook petition was the reason they brought it up... Shoulda brought up some Miller Chill to do a taste test...

Still a dark beer guy, though!!

P

Huh, learn somethin' every day, and here I thought the lime was to hid the skunk in stale Mexican beer bottled in clear glass. But what the do I know, my definition of a good beer is free and here... if I'm real picky, cold

Try Ricards white with rasberry, lime or whatever flavor juice concentrate popular in Germany tastes good on a hot day of fishin

Mmmm Richards White....Really like it....Bought a Box of- Bud Lime....I really dont care much for it....Dont think Ill buy it again....

Beer with fruit juice in it?

Like putting ketchup on a steak- it is just wrong.......

Ketchup on a steak...not even a close comparison. Bud light is no steak...maybe ketchup on hotdogs :) And in the right place, ketchup on hotdogs can be gooood (like on a stick, oven an open fire when camping and beer in hand)

Now speaking of good beers, how about an Innis and Gunn, or Guinness, or even Rickards Red. Will even swig the Alexander Keiths when those Easterners give me one :)

I am not a beer swiller by any means, but I had some in Vegas and loved it - sure goes good poolside when it's 36 degrees. I'm sure it would not be as appealing right now, but on a hot day it sure goes down nice. I like that whole lime/beer thing.

And whoever guessed the whole Stampede saturation is on the money - I can't remember who it was, but they assured all Stampede attendees that there'd be plenty of it on hand.

I don't usually like the white beers especially that Calgary made Wild Rose swill but the Alexander Keith's White has been a favorite for a while now, on tap it's served with a slice of orange, could be a marketing ploy but it's pretty dam good.

Noticed another cheap beer in the LC cooler the other day, Dude Beer, anyone ever try it?

Noticed another cheap beer in the LC cooler the other day, Dude Beer, anyone ever try it?

Yes, have tried to the Dude Beer and did not like it. Brewed by the same company that does TnT Beer which is also not good. Seems to be a competition on our sumer hockey team for who can bring the worst beer.

I don't usually like the white beers especially that Calgary made Wild Rose swill but the Alexander Keith's White has been a favorite for a while now, on tap it's served with a slice of orange, could be a marketing ploy but it's pretty dam good.

Dude beer is no good. Unless using it for beer butt chicken on the BBQ.

Guest Sundancefisher

Beer sucks. Rum and coke rules!

Mojitos are the way to go if you want lime...but only after fishing for bones and tarpon and permit...

Had DUDE beer a couple times last summer, as my brother and I got bored and started trying every type of cheap beer. I didn't like it much, but have to say the worst beer I've ever had is AGD (Alberta Genuine Draft)...yuck. We got on a kick near the end of my vacation where we started drinking Black Label Supreme (8%)...now that was good cheap beer! Whoever mentioned Black Label before, it is the king of the cheap beers in my opinion too.

DSCN19743370.jpg

Oh yea, had Bud Light Lime last week, and it tastes more like a cooler than a beer. It didn't taste bad, but you can get the same effect by adding some lime juice to a beer if you want...

Has been a lot of talk lately about Budwieser Lime beer and how hard it is to get. Well, I had the opportunity to try it today and must say it does taste like a light beer with lots of lime in it. Whoopy freakin do!

Come on Harry................................ you know you want a vitamin k. Keith's it is........ Will be home in a few weeks and will get a fill of Schooner for sure. Have not found it out here in at least 5 years. The Highlander on 16th was always good for finding Maritime suds.

Come on Harry................................ you know you want a vitamin k. Keith's it is........ Will be home in a few weeks and will get a fill of Schooner for sure. Have not found it out here in at least 5 years. The Highlander on 16th was always good for finding Maritime suds.

When you heading down Rob? I'll be down around the 24th or so. Maybe we could head to the valley for a day to toss some bombers.

Schooner is good but it will be Oland's Export for me, same thing, it hasn't been here for a few years. You use to be able to get it at the Trap & Gill and the Liquor store beside the Cecil.