Fly Fusion Forums

Bass Pro Soft Opening

You need to make friends with someone high up at the museum and get them to take you on a back room tour. I have a paleontologist friend who used to work at Royal Tyrell and took me back to the warehouse where all the real fossils are kept. Way way cool the stuff they had back there.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$3.50/ fly is crazy but when you pay a guys $13/hour and those tags are probably around $0.50 each i guess it adds up lol

and that was the right price for all the decorations in there! again a bit too crazy!

but damn is there a wow facor! it still goes thought my brain!

$3.50 a fly!! Holy *hit!!!! and you were thinking anyone that payed $130 for a net was crazy!. A $1 prince nymph works every bit as good as a $3.50 prince nymph

Yeah, I didn't realize how many zeroes were there until I read your post. I haven't seen the store yet, but I'm guessing Jayhad got a little carried away with the zeroes. I could see $40k or maybe even $400k.

Grand opening info here. Damn, just noticed Jeanette Lee is going to be there on the 7th but I can't make it that day.

Well unless the employee there was bullshitting me, but i asked him straight up what it cost to set that place up w/o inventory and he told me 40 mill. To tell you the truth i would believe it, did you see the herd(s) of animals in there? Taxidermy isn't cheap.....

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

that guy has a HUGE place now lol

but i didnt hear the guys say inventory was included but that sounds a bit better for teh store.

yah, we have to sell over 40000000 just to turn our first $1 lol

Well unless the employee there was bullshitting me, but i asked him straight up what it cost to set that place up w/o inventory and he told me 40 mill. To tell you the truth i would believe it, did you see the herd(s) of animals in there? Taxidermy isn't cheap.....

$40 million to turn a big square 200,000 sq ft box into a BPS I can believe with ease, 40 million worth of taxidermy?....................... as they say in poker, I Call!

I wonder when and if Cabala's is comin' to town. BPS and Cabela like to play the total square footage game.

Guest girlsfishtoo

It is a great place to spend several hours even if you are just there to check out the awesome decor, artwork, photos, displays, taxidermy and trout tank. It definitely has a wow factor! :D

$3.50 a fly!! Holy *hit!!!! and you were thinking anyone that payed $130 for a net was crazy!. A $1 prince nymph works every bit as good as a $3.50 prince nymph

I didnt see the $3.50 princes, and I wont buy $1.00 flys anymore way too many hook problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

finally made it into the store as i was in the area yesterday.

wow. what a cool store.

spent the obligatory 90 mins wandering around. it was quiet & lots and lots to see.

wow. rather a lame fly shop. expensive flies [do you think some of the additional costs are due to the upc tag on every single fly lmfao]?

not the most knowledgeable staff present in the shop either [when i was there anyways]...

overheard:

'dude, what kind of fish is a triple?'

'a what?'

'a triple. these guys said they are targeting triples'

'you mean a triploid?'

made me chuckle.

n e ways. cool store. definitely worth checking out as mentioned if only for the huge inventory and photos & taxidermy.

only place in town that had a replacement cup holder for my drift boat on the shelf.