Fly Fusion Forums

Cutty Dreaming

monger

SIGH!!!

Sweet cutty, Monger!

Might as well dream of the fish that eat them cutties, too...

p8300054.jpg

p8300057.jpg

Here's a cutty that someone tried to eat; note the scars on his side...

29493.jpg

Can't wait for the next time I see a big bull hunting down a cutty I'm landing.

Dang it, Monger! Now I'm gonna be counting the days... :$*%&:

I'm unfamiliar with the type of dry fly you used to fool that stupid Char thing. Us purists don't stoop to dragging the bottom for those leviathons (unless they're over 2ft long :kicks: ).

Great underwater shot... you can really see the shape of their long, sloped head.

Nymphing for Cutts is just bad form <--poke--< ...that's for old ladies and beginners...you need to challenge yourself on top of the water. Let the cursing begin...

I'm unfamiliar with the type of dry fly you used to fool that stupid Char thing. Us purists don't stoop to dragging the bottom for those leviathons (unless they're over 2ft long :kicks: ).

Great underwater shot... you can really see the shape of their long, sloped head.

Nymphing for Cutts is just bad form <--poke--< ...that's for old ladies and beginners...you need to challenge yourself on top of the water. Let the cursing begin...

PM sent, Purist! :$*%&:

Dear Purist Numbnutz,

Trust all is well in your world of size 28 dry flies & 1lb test tippet.

I regret that your constant belittling of my fishing ability & character has forced me into responding in this manner.

Now, in order to reverse the damage you have caused to my reputation, I will reveal a secret that I have kept to myself

for many years. Take a close look at the "nymph" you see in this pic:

29493.jpg

This so-called (by the uneducated & ill-informed) "nymph" is actually a dry fly. My secret weapon; the 'metal bead' is really a small

bead of styrofoam that has been painted. It is the perfect stealth dry for picky cutts, & the reason I wear my arm out landing

trout on days when people who don't think outside the box either get skunked or resort to "Nymphing for Cutts".

In closing, I would like to propose that you & I meet on your favorite cutty creek to settle our differences. I am done with airing

our dirty laundry on a public forum.

Good day!

Steve

:lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :P :P

Alright, alright; I can't take it anymore- I can't live with the lie!!!

It is a nymph! Are ya happy now, Monger?

Still like to meet you on your fave cutty creek, though, Monger. ;)

BTW, these pics are killin' me! That is a hawg, SJW; beauty!

Later,

Steve