Fly Fusion Forums

Nothing Like A Little Homophobia With Your Fly Fishing...

There is currently a banner on the site being served up consistently, the 'Marriage is Between a Woman and Man' banner. I hope this is being served up by an ad server in some agnostic fashion rather than being something the site owners are choosing to put up. It's myopic backwoods religious right homophobia fresh out of middle America and it has no place on a fly fishing forum. Seriously, what's next, Pro-Life or Pro-Choice banners? They might all have their place but it's certainly (I really, really hope) not here.

al

Al, find out what site it is and I can ban the site from displaying in the rotation. That goes for anything else deemed unacceptable for the forum. I'm guess the Shack nasties thread has a few keywords in it that would bring the banner here. Post about cars, you'll see car ads popping up :)

Try and get a screen shot for all of us to see. I have no idea what banner it could be.

I stand by my words when I say......flyfishing can unite gays and hetero's. Hell I fish with BigBowTrout all the time without issue.

Ya I don't mind fishing with Dave as long as he keeps his bum sex talk to himself.

I noticed the banner change to the topic

Cars and cable companys ect but with all the mention of Cake and not one Betty Crocker add?

I've never had a problem with the homosexual folk.

The only thing that really bugs me is the parades. Like we don't have a heterosexual parade......it's like they're trying to recruit people.

Anyway this site is open to people of any race, gender or sexual orientation. Most of us don't have a problem with it.

Try and get a screen shot for all of us to see. I have no idea what banner it could be.

I stand by my words when I say......flyfishing can unite gays and hetero's. Hell I fish with BigBowTrout all the time without issue.

LOL. ohhhh snap!

URL to the screenshot is attached. I bet you it's serving it up to me because I am coming from a US IP which is why likely none of you are seeing it.

http://www.winterhope.com/Picture%201.png

There truly is no place for this ad. I am married, to a women and seeing gays and lesbians get married doesn't discount my marriage. It actually makes me happy to know that Canada is 1 of 3 nations that allows the same rights to all citzens regardless of sexual orientation.

Jay

"myopic backwoods religious right homophobia fresh out of middle America"

Wow. I've never seen any evidence of "myopic backwoods religious right homophobia fresh out of middle America" in Alberta.

Oh wait, yes I have.

Sure we have plenty of folks who fit that category but they do not lobby (effectively) nor do they generally have strong representation in government in any way even close to what we see in our southern neighbor. It's not apples to apples when it comes to a governmental point of view. Sure, on the ground it can feel the same way. My apologies if it offended any Americans on the board, that was not my intent. I am big fan of the US, I have worked and lived there off and on for the last 15 years.

al