Fly Fusion Forums

Nothing Like A Little Homophobia With Your Fly Fishing...

I personally do not understand why people have such an aversion to what is just a normal human behavior. People don't choose to be like this, they are born this way. It is a part of their DNA.

So, I for one say, "Leave the homophobes alone!"

I was downtown a while ago, standing outside, and there was a man near me smoking. As we were standing there, two other men walked by holding hands. They were obviously very much in love. One of the men looks at the guy smoking and says to him, "How can you put that vile thing in your mouth?"

That's the kind of intolerance we are forced to live with.

I beg to differ....

The yanks didn’t show up until all was almost said and done..Their contribution was minimal…..

Matt:

Study up on your history...no serious historian would ever claim that the US contribution to WW2 was minimal.

Reminds me of the best commercial I ever saw (it was for subscriptions for a newspaper - don't remember which one). The commercial ended with the caption:

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but is yours informed?"

Ask anyone still alive from that era living in Europe if the US's contribution was minimal. Oh, and not to mention they nearly singlehandedly fought the Pacific theatre with Japan by themselves.

Mike

Matt:

Study up on your history...no serious historian would ever claim that the US contribution to WW2 was minimal.

Reminds me of the best commercial I ever saw (it was for subscriptions for a newspaper - don't remember which one). The commercial ended with the caption:

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but is yours informed?"

Ask anyone still alive from that era living in Europe if the US's contribution was minimal. Oh, and not to mention they nearly singlehandedly fought the Pacific theatre with Japan by themselves.

Mike

I will argue this point in PM's...Lets just say the minimal effort I refer too is the contribution in the European campaign where any historian will argue, this was the key to winning over the axis. I am not discounting the effort that was put forth. I am discounting that we would be speaking German if it weren’t for the direct actions of the US effort. Personally, if it weren’t for the yanks we may be talking Japanese instead

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

why are we still talking about this. to date i dont think any one has seen this add that initially sparked the thread. Can we go back to fishing now?

but if you want to keep talking then let me pose a question

Who catches the larger fish?

gays/lesbians

strait (or breeders as my friends call them)

of homophobes