Fly Fusion Forums

Potential Alberta Record Bull Trout

http://www.trailstotrout.com/calculator.html

according to the above calculator, the fish weighed an estimated 20.5 lbs (assuming 35.75" L x 21.5" girth)

nice fish, but get a new net and chuck the piece of sheit you got.

haha, thanks! that net has seen a good many fish but none as large as that. Most of the time it is fine, on this large fish i'll have to agree... it was a piece of sheit. But i think I'll keep it for it's sentimental/superstitious value. As far as the calculation, it is a rough estimate using a similar calculator as the one above that was specific to Bull trout anatomy. It said 22.42 pounds but it is only an estimate. All i "really" know is that it was the biggest bull i have ever caught.

Guest Outcasts

Congrats. Saw the picture you posted on a different subject but the video really puts the icing on the cake. Youve already gotten enough kudos from everyone here to understand you hold the title of Largest bull on flyfishcalgary and in my opinion to kill a specimen like that just to show how far you can piss in the record books rather than see a dwindling population get a possible jump start. Congrats again and you made my day...i lost a 30+ brown in the elbow after landing it (tail thrashed just hard enough to get into the current and out of reach, made sure she was ok or woulda swam out to her) before i could take any pictures with my cameraphone. I was choked i didnt have another guy with me to take the picture but like you said I know i caught the fish and couldnt think of anything worse than harvesting a specimen like that when that experience could be had for another fisherman/woman through that fish or the fish he produced. We need more experienced anglers like yourself to teach us the humility and respect a population like that needs to get out of endangerment. Ive never seen the picture of the record to date and now i dont need to...ive already seen it. KUDOS!!!and not just for the fish.

Congrats. Saw the picture you posted on a different subject but the video really puts the icing on the cake. Youve already gotten enough kudos from everyone here to understand you hold the title of Largest bull on flyfishcalgary and in my opinion to kill a specimen like that just to show how far you can piss in the record books rather than see a dwindling population get a possible jump start. Congrats again and you made my day...i lost a 30+ brown in the elbow after landing it (tail thrashed just hard enough to get into the current and out of reach, made sure she was ok or woulda swam out to her) before i could take any pictures with my cameraphone. I was choked i didnt have another guy with me to take the picture but like you said I know i caught the fish and couldnt think of anything worse than harvesting a specimen like that when that experience could be had for another fisherman/woman through that fish or the fish he produced. We need more experienced anglers like yourself to teach us the humility and respect a population like that needs to get out of endangerment. Ive never seen the picture of the record to date and now i dont need to...ive already seen it. KUDOS!!!and not just for the fish.

Thanks outcasts,

your words are kind and it is obvious that you, like many others on this forum understand what it means to hold the life of such a creature in high regard. Kudos to you friend, and all the others from the board that appreciates how truely lucky we are to live in such a perfect place for fly fishing (and want to keep it that way!). I can't think of a sport that gives back more to it's participants.

thanks to all of you for your support as the Humblefisherman series will continue to showcase our western waters for many years to come. I plan on putting out 1 movie each week this winter, so subscribe to our channel through youtube (it's free) and you will be notified via email the second it becomes available online. Be sure to click the tab that say's watch in high quality.

Get caught up and watch all 42 movies at:

http://ca.youtube.com/humblefisherman

see you on the water!

The Humblefisherman