Fly Fusion Forums

Bertuzzi

Guest 001

Guest RedWiggler

Ayone have an opinion on this one? I figured something was up after letting God. & Nolan sign elswere, we had to get another big tough body I just did not imagine it would be BERT. I am surprized he is a Flame. He has not been the same since the incident, not nearly as aggresive and mean so I question his effectivness. Guess we will see. :ninja:

I was pretty choked when I saw the Flames picked him up.. I was really hoping Edmonton would. I'm still a big Bertuzzi fan.

I think he'll work out well in Calgary.. we'll see how quick all the haters start loving him again.

If he can stay healthy.. and they put him on the line with Langkow and Iggy.. man oh man.. Bertuzzi going in the corners, coming out with the puck and setting up those two.. that'll be a line to be reckoned with!

I was pretty choked when I saw the Flames picked him up.. I was really hoping Edmonton would. I'm still a big Bertuzzi fan.

I think he'll work out well in Calgary.. we'll see how quick all the haters start loving him again.

If he can stay healthy.. and they put him on the line with Langkow and Iggy.. man oh man.. Bertuzzi going in the corners, coming out with the puck and setting up those two.. that'll be a line to be reckoned with!

No doubt!!!

Guest RedWiggler

I have always liked Bert. even after the incident, its to bad Moore got hurt so bad becuase Bert. is not that kind of player and certainly was not looking to break anyones neck. Agreed, his huge frame in front should have a positive impact. He did have more points than Nolan last year so if he can stay healthy I believe he can do even better this year. As far as the banwagoners liking him, I think it will take as long as his first goal in a close game or a big hit or fight or something I just hope he can get back to were he was before all the BS happened. Im surprized but not disappointed, that said the Flames still need more than what we have. Its going to be an intersting season I personally cant wait.

I just don't want to get sucker punched when I go for a pocket dog and a beer :hanson:

haha

Did you see the front page of the Sun today? "Flames add Punch" with Bertuzzi's 'mugshot' right under. Classic!

The signing of Bertuzzi is just one more reason to hate the flames. I didnt really need one more but never the less.

WOW, l wouldnt say that during playoffs scorpion, Must be a :$*%&: Deadmonton oilers fan, But on the signing what a great pickup for so cheap, only 2million for a high caliber player, awesome, Flames have aquired a bunch of new players this off season and next season flames all the way,, OH YEAH, GO FLAMES GO

I have always liked Bert. even after the incident, its to bad Moore got hurt so bad becuase Bert. is not that kind of player and certainly was not looking to break anyones neck. Agreed, his huge frame in front should have a positive impact. He did have more points than Nolan last year so if he can stay healthy I believe he can do even better this year. As far as the banwagoners liking him, I think it will take as long as his first goal in a close game or a big hit or fight or something I just hope he can get back to were he was before all the BS happened. Im surprized but not disappointed, that said the Flames still need more than what we have. Its going to be an intersting season I personally cant wait.

Moore was no angel when he was playing...its not like he attacked a good sameritan, he had it coming eventually if not from bertuzzi from another person.

P.s i still dont like bertuzzi hes a joke.

I hope that he plays like he played in Vancouver before the "incident". He was a pretty good player. He still is not to bad but definitely not what he was from 2001 to 2004. In 2002-03 season he had 97 points! That is one less than Jarome last season.

Look at his stats last year in Anahiem, he had a 40 point season (14 goals 26 assists). He had more points than all but 5 of the Flames last season, including Lombardi(36), Aucoin(35), Conroy(34), and Nolan(32).

I think he will be a good addition to the lineup :)

I think the incident wasnt only Bertuzzis fault. It showed what Granato thought of Moore by having him on the ice in a mean nothing blow out game. He should have been on the bench and not given them the chance to retaliate. I think Bert will be an awesome addition and if he could ever regain his form as the top power forward in the league the Flames will go far. Id take a mediocre Bertuzzi over Huselius or Tanguay anyday.

The signing of Bertuzzi is just one more reason to hate the flames. I didnt really need one more but never the less.

I'm with you............Guess Sutter signed him for only one year so they can leave together........

I'm a firm believer in that Bert was just going with the 'hockey mentality' at the time, and the one he was raised with. I feel that over 20% of the players in the league would have gone after Moore and given him a cheap shot in retaliation and Bert just got 'unlucky'. Too much focus on the outcome (and vilifying Bert for it) than looking at the symptoms and realising that what he did is what he was taught to do and that so many others would have done something similar.

Also not sure why Sutter is a God in Calgary. He's my least favourite Flame, GM and would like the team a whole lot more if he is gone.

I think the incident wasnt only Bertuzzis fault. It showed what Granato thought of Moore by having him on the ice in a mean nothing blow out game. He should have been on the bench and not given them the chance to retaliate. I think Bert will be an awesome addition and if he could ever regain his form as the top power forward in the league the Flames will go far. Id take a mediocre Bertuzzi over Huselius or Tanguay anyday.

Husellius(66) and Tanguay(58) are far from mediocre with a combined total of 124 points last year losing them will make a huge impact. Theres an oil storm coming and all you flames fans better take shelter. Lets go oilers!!

Huselius and tanguay forget how to play when it matters most. Tired of seeing their lacklustre and un spirited play. I'm willing to give Bert a chance... and I am kind of excited to see where the "new" look flames go .... I think there going to be quite a tough team to beat.

bertuzzi doesn't need to be fast. he just needs to crush people in the corner and

as well, stick his big arse in front of the net, wack in rebounds ala dave andreychuk.

all of the new additions are young or fast, except for big bert.

I personally like the look on the team.

Agreed about speed on everyone but Bert.

All signs the last couple of years indicate that Bert is done. Anybody remember watching him in the last Olympics? That and the fact he takes no responsibility for anything drives me crazy. Listen to his interviews. It's always "I didn't get enough ice time" or "I certainly produced with Getzlaf and Perry." *hit, I can barely skate and could get a point or two with those guys. No indication in the last couple of years he can do it on a second line. You going to put him on the first line in Calgary? Really?

And all the apologists for him drive me mental. I don't give a crap what the situation was, what he did should have warranted permanent suspension, or jail. No matter what Steve Moore did, nobody had that coming. If you believe so, give you're head a shake. I have no idea whether or not Bertuzzi is a bad guy, but it sure looks to me like he very well may be.

So in a hockey sense, odds are it won't work (how often do guys come back from 2 bad years), and his character is questionable, at best. He will go the way of most reclamation projects: as trade fodder near the deadline for some other team foolish enough to believe he will rediscover lost glory. That or he'll get hurt again.

I'm a life-long Cowboys fan. Grew up with them and remember when they were the underdogs. While I still consider them my team, their addition of Pacman and Tank Johnson show me they are willing to sacrifice everything to win. It makes me think less of them, not more. I feel the same now about Calgary. I'll pull for them, but I think less of them.

and yes, rickr is correct when saying steve moore did not deserve this. nobody does.

as far as big bert's productivity, we will see. he will not be on the #1 line, at best he will be on the

2nd line or 3rd line. I do however believe he will be on the 2nd pp unit.

1st line, iggy,langkow and camalleri.

2nd line ? rene bourqe, lombardi, big bert?

3rd line ? boyd,conroy,nystrom or glencross,conroy,nystrom

4th line ? who knows? primeau is the centre anyway.

sorry got off topic, go flames go.

good luck to big bert, everybody deserves a 2nd chance.