Fly Fusion Forums

San Jose Vs Flames

LOL...

You know what? I'm not even that upset. I'd be more upset if the team gave 100% all game and got screwed by the refs, but this was total domination by one team over another. Period.

Time to dismantle the flames. Keep the core, Iggy, Dion, Kipper, and I'd like to see Nolan, and Regehr back.

Guys I'd have back

Lombardi

Yelle

Tanguay

Nystrom

Vanermeer

Sarich

Langkow

Guy's I'd dump: Huselius, Erikson, Conroy

That's my 2 cents

My thoughts exactly. I'd also keep Primeau too. But I would fire Keenan, I wasn't happy they signed him to begin with and I hope he sealed his fate by pulling Kipper. That was a bonehead move, he should be fired for that alone.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, and by the way, Lethbridge Hurricanes 6, Calgary Hitmen no score............:)

Go 'Canes!! They've been my team since my U of L days. Used to love watching O'Grady have a big tilt every night and I still say Byron Ritchie is the best skater I've seen.

The tradition continues.................

2008 Lost to San Jose Conference quarter finals (First Round)

2007 Lost to Detroit Conference quarter finals(First Round)

2006 -- lost to Anaheim, 4-3, Western Conf. quarterfinals(First Round)

2004 -- defeated Vancouver, 4-3, Western Conf. quarterfinals (The one exception in 18 years they didn't lose)

-- defeated Detroit, 4-2, Western Conf. semifinals

-- defeated San Jose, 4-2, Western Conf. finals

-- lost to Tampa Bay, 4-3, in Stanley Cup Finals

1997-2004 Didn't make playoffs

1996 -- lost to Chicago, 4-0, Western Conf. quarterfinals (First round)

1995 -- lost to San Jose, 4-3, Western Conf. quarterfinals(First Round)

1994 -- lost to Vancouver, 4-3, Western Conf. quarterfinals(First Round)

1993 -- lost to Los Angeles, 4-2, Smythe Division semifinals(First Round)

1991 -- lost to Edmonton, 4-3, Smythe Division semifinals(First Round)

1990 -- lost to Los Angeles, 4-2, Smythe Division semifinals(First Round)

1989-- WON THE FREAKING CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed it for you :rolleyes:

Go 'Canes!! They've been my team since my U of L days. Used to love watching O'Grady have a big tilt every night and I still say Byron Ritchie is the best skater I've seen.

Now it's Luca Sbisa and Mitch Versteeg handing out the crushers and if you could see Boychuck, Fadden, Braes and Iwanski skate you might change your mind on Byron........Go Canes GO!!..........

Al....

I blame the CBC's technical difficulties .. Kippers back must be killin him, he carried everybody this far .. 4 goals in 30 shots in the playoffs is not the goalies fault..not like any were terrible goals..they played hard and come up short, no shame in that..

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

thanks ADC.with only one professional hockey team in the province that participates in the post season its a good thing we have so many good alberta junior teams to pull for.

Right on both counts Yak........As for the Flames, I fully agree with Bloom's comment that if they lose at least they can get rid of Keenan (and hopefully Sutter soon)........His pull of Kipprusoff last night was typical.............B.S but typical..........He's ridden Kipper all season and if it weren't for Kipprusoff the flames would have been cluttering up the golf courses weeks ago........(not in Alberta of course) :0

Right on both counts Yak........As for the Flames, I fully agree with Bloom's comment that if they lose at least they can get rid of Keenan (and hopefully Sutter soon)........His pull of Kipprusoff last night was typical.............B.S but typical..........He's ridden Kipper all season and if it weren't for Kipprusoff the flames would have been cluttering up the golf courses weeks ago........(not in Alberta of course) :0

Would anyone be surprised if Sutter gave Keenan a vote of confidence, and then Kipper asked to be traded? Only problem with this is that Kipper is not such a hot head.

I am a DIE HARD habs fan, but would have loved to see the Flames come through. It is dissapointing when 60% of the players in the NHL are Canadians yet, now, only one team left.

Getting outshot by that margin time and time again takes it's toll. Still, win and lose as a team. Hard to point the finger at one, including a coach who can not play.

GO HABS GO!

BTW, ADC, what happened in Montreal after the game is as disgrace. The last I heard, there was a hip hop concert let out half an hour before the Habs finished off Boston and a lot of these people contributed to the idiot behavior. Not defending anything, but, it taints a good thing for ther city and loyal fans.

have to agree about iron mike. when they signed iron mike i thought he will either take us all the way to the promised land or cause problems in our locker room. very poor coaching decison to pull kipper compounded by calling out his play after the game to the media.he should have taken his time out, let the boys regroup and go back at it with kipper in net and only down 4-2. may have been a totally different result.

ps. getting rid of sutter would be a very poor move. hes managed to sign a corps of players most teams would kill for (dion,iggy,kipper,regher) to long term contracts at reduced salaries ( no mystery that these players would have made a bunch more if they tested the open market). the only way I want sutter moved is if its back behind the bench

go laughs go..

It hurts less when your expectations are lower. But man, you are never gonna hear the end of it when we win. And we will. It will be EPIC and the Shames fans will still have FAIL stamped on their foreheads.

This just in! Calgary is not the centre of the universe! LMAO

Guest RedWiggler

Kipper was so inconsistent this year, he was not who he has been in the past. Averagely average, this year it was horrifying, I never felt confident with him in net once this year. That said I still think we should have won that series. I do think the Stars/Sharks will be a great series the problem is that I dont give a crap anymore so probably wont watch much more, just the Penguins because they are fun to watch, they will have there hands full of the Rangers to another high powered offensive team, could go either way. Just anybody but the Wings or Flyers at this point. That goal that was scored when Thoreson took out Huet was total BS and it would be the Caps if the refs were not totally useless. Refs have determined the outcome of so many games this year, I would say more than ever before it was horrific this year.