2008 Streamwatch Auction

toolman

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok, but i cant pay for it until next year. not this march 15th... that's the kicker.

LS

It'll be up again next year for sure. I hope someone bids on this years edition of it... it'll be a lot of fun 3 days chasing bulls, cutts, bow's etc. If the guys wanna go over to BC for a day since I'm not technically guiding that'd be ok as well, I know some spots over there too.

LS

It'll be up again next year for sure. I hope someone bids on this years edition of it... it'll be a lot of fun 3 days chasing bulls, cutts, bow's etc. If the guys wanna go over to BC for a day since I'm not technically guiding that'd be ok as well, I know some spots over there too.

LS

Hawg,

You better think twice before offering to take someone into BC. Technically, because money is involved, it would still be considered guiding. Just giving you a heads up.

-Hunter

not sure on that becuase no money is being exchanged between the "guide" and "customer" for the act of guiding. Would have to look into it, of course.

I don't think most of these trips offered are actual "guided" trips, really. Who has a license? Not me... I quit a few years back and even then no guiding license was required in Alberta, but who has a business license, insurance, etc. Bidders had better be aware that most of whats offered here is "at your own risk" type stuff....

I'll look into the BC angle. Hopefully it can be done.

not sure on that becuase no money is being exchanged between the "guide" and "customer" for the act of guiding. Would have to look into it, of course.

I don't think most of these trips offered are actual "guided" trips, really. Who has a license? Not me... I quit a few years back and even then no guiding license was required in Alberta, but who has a business license, insurance, etc. Bidders had better be aware that most of whats offered here is "at your own risk" type stuff....

I'll look into the BC angle. Hopefully it can be done.

And yet you wonder why BC charges you a wackload to fish per day. It's a guided trip, whether you think it is or not.

Still Items up for bids folks...

Thanks

A closing notice has been posted on these items.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34. TACO'S CUTTHROAT SAFARI...with Host/Guide Taco

More info. from Taco...

"I'll offer up one guided Aug- early Sept Cutthroat trip for 1 or 2 anglers, somewhere in the headwaters of the OMR, buyers choice of time and place. I'll supply food and beverages. Meet in the Gap area and the buyer(s) must have the ability to ride in a cowman's regular cab truck, with all it's associated sounds and smells."

-Current bidder: $200/ReelLife/yodatrout "SOLD"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

35. FFA FLY SWAP FLY'S... 120 assorted Nymph, Streamer and Dry fly patterns, donated by Rusty.

-Current bid: $125/mkm "SOLD"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

36."WATER MARKS" Signed, written and donated by Jim Mclennan.

- "Thirty Years of Fly Fishing Insight" - http://www.mclennanflyfishing.com/index1.htm

-Current bidder: $40/drbulltrout "SOLD"

37. "FLY-FISHING WESTERN TROUT STREAMS" Signed, written and donated by Jim Mclennan.

http://www.mclennanflyfishing.com/index1.htm

-Current bidder: $40/drbulltrout "SOLD"

Your wife is going to kill you? I am currently in discussions with my wife on bidding on the Package trip (not going well). She does not fly fish and my sister has offered us her home she just built located between Blairmore and Coleman. I think I might be pushing my luck!

Specail Item

26. TECUMSEH MOUNTAIN FISHING HOLIDAY... Sept-Oct.

This 3 day guided fishing package includes, 3 nights accomodations for 2 guests, at the "Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch", in Blairmore, AB, compliments of owner/flyfisherman, Kai Eckhardt.

http://mountainguestranch.com/

Explore the many wonderfull fishing opportunites the area has to offer, for 3 adventure filled days, with your Host, veteran Guide, Brian Peace. Relax and enjoy the comfortable and fully furnished, Log Cabin accomodations, at the end of a long days fishing, in a beautifull mountain setting. A fishing Holiday to treasure for a lifetime.

Winning bidder will be responsible for their own transportation too/from the Ranch. Food and beverages not included.

-Starting bid: $1,200

Anyone interested in going 50/50 with me on this great package. These cabins are described as being large enough for two couples so I am sure two tired fishermen could be easily accommodated. When you consider what it would cost you for an experienced guide for three days and accommodation on top of it I think $600.00 each would be great value. In addition, these cabins have full cooking facilities and so if you brought your own grub, the cost of one's meals would be economical. Fall is a wonderful time in the mountains. If you can't afford the cost now, I will pay TUC now and you can pay me your share when we do the trip in the fall. I live in Edmonton and so could even pick you up anywhere between Edmonton and Blairmore and would cover all gas including the three days of travelling between fishing spots. How could you resist such an offer :) !

OLDMAN RIVER STREAMWATCH AUCTION

This is an edited list of Items still up for bids. Refer to page 1, to see the complete Auction list, including "Sold" items.

ITEM #

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24. GRANITE TROUT ETCHING...Your choice of Rainbow, Bull, Brown, Cutt or Brook Trout.

Donated by, Glenbow Flyfishing http://www.glenbowflyfishing.com/slides/gr...out/default.htm

-Current bidder: $75/bigbowtrout

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

38. WEEKEND GETAWAY...

Escape the rush of City life and relax in a beautifull mountain setting, only a short drive from Calgary.

This includes Log Cabin Accomodations, for two nights, at "Eckhardt's Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch", near Blairmore, AB. Featuring, Fireplace, Kitchenette, Deck, 2 beds.

Explore the wonderfull fishing opportunities nearby or discover the many recreational activities available.

Compliments of Kai Eckhardt.

-Current bidder: $275/Pythagoras "SOLD"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

39. FISHING AT SUNDANCE LAKE...with Host/Guide Sundancefisher

More info. from Kevin...

"With the warm temperatures, ice fishing season is quickly nearing it's end. As for flyfishing, while trout sizes are averaging 14 inches…I have had 100 fish days using a corkie and nymph…"

-Current bidder: $250 Cheeler/Toolman

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40. SNOWBEE JR. FLYFISHING OUTFIT...donated by Nile Creek Fly Shop.

More info. from Courtney...

"I would like to donate a complete fly fishing outfit to a youngster.and it must be a Junior...it consists of a Snowbee Classic 7' 5/6 wt 2 pc fly rod(Lifetime warranty), New XSD 460 Cassett reel system comes with 3 cassetts and will spool on 3 lines, a Juniors Fly Vest and a Juniors pair of the New Snowbee Indestructable 420 Denier bootfoot Waders. http://ogilvieoutfitting.com/?page_id=7

Thats the deal...it must go to a junior ...the value is in the $750.00 range..."

-Current bidder: $350/bigbowtrout "SOLD"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

41. DAY AT BULLSHEAD - with Host/Guide Bloom.

Spend a day on one of the premiere lake fisheries in Alberta. Learn the lake from one of the 'regulars' and look at various lake techniques and rigs. Find out where and when to find fish in lakes and determine what they're feeding on. For those of you looking to improve your chironomiding techniques, this is a great lake to learn the process and fine tune the technique.

More info. from Tim...

"Depending on the time of year the trip takes place, we will either be on foot, pontoons/float tubes, or in my 12' flat bottom jon boat. April-June is the prime time to go. Up to two anglers. Flies and equipment can be included if need be."

Transportation to and from Bullshead is not included. (near Medicine Hat, AB)

-Current bidder: $500/rickr/MissinTheBow/Toolman "SOLD"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

44. DAVE'S SHADOW BOX FLY'S... Tied and donated by SanJuanWorm.

Two beautifull Carrie Stevens style Fly's, displayed in a framed Shadow Box.

-Current bidder: $75/Cheeler "SOLD"

This is an edited list of Items still up for bids. Refer to page 1, to see the complete Auction list, including "Sold" items.

ADC will be returning from holidays tommorow and will inform me of all payments received. I'll get those flies off to you tommorow, Tako.

It's almost closing time folks (March 15th) and we still have a few items to sell off.

ADC will be returning from holidays tommorow and will inform me of all payments received. I'll get those flies off to you tommorow, Tako.

It's almost closing time folks (March 15th) and we still have a few items to sell off.

Thanks. Gonna need em before the weekend :lol:

A closing notice has been posted on these items.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

38. WEEKEND GETAWAY...

Escape the rush of City life and relax in a beautifull mountain setting, only a short drive from Calgary.

This includes Log Cabin Accomodations, for two nights, at "Eckhardt's Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch", near Blairmore, AB. Featuring, Fireplace, Kitchenette, Deck, 2 beds.

Explore the wonderfull fishing opportunities nearby or discover the many recreational activities available.

Compliments of Kai Eckhardt.

-Current bidder: $275/Pythagoras "SOLD"

40. SNOWBEE JR. FLYFISHING OUTFIT...donated by Nile Creek Fly Shop.

More info. from Courtney...

"I would like to donate a complete fly fishing outfit to a youngster.and it must be a Junior...it consists of a Snowbee Classic 7' 5/6 wt 2 pc fly rod(Lifetime warranty), New XSD 460 Cassett reel system comes with 3 cassetts and will spool on 3 lines, a Juniors Fly Vest and a Juniors pair of the New Snowbee Indestructable 420 Denier bootfoot Waders. http://ogilvieoutfitting.com/?page_id=7

Thats the deal...it must go to a junior ...the value is in the $750.00 range..."

-Current bidder: $350/bigbowtrout "SOLD"

41. DAY AT BULLSHEAD - with Host/Guide Bloom.

Spend a day on one of the premiere lake fisheries in Alberta. Learn the lake from one of the 'regulars' and look at various lake techniques and rigs. Find out where and when to find fish in lakes and determine what they're feeding on. For those of you looking to improve your chironomiding techniques, this is a great lake to learn the process and fine tune the technique.

More info. from Tim...

"Depending on the time of year the trip takes place, we will either be on foot, pontoons/float tubes, or in my 12' flat bottom jon boat. April-June is the prime time to go. Up to two anglers. Flies and equipment can be included if need be."

Transportation to and from Bullshead is not included. (near Medicine Hat, AB)

-Current bidder: $500/rickr/MissinTheBow/Toolman "SOLD"

44. DAVE'S SHADOW BOX FLY'S... Tied and donated by SanJuanWorm.

Two beautifull Carrie Stevens style Fly's, displayed in a framed Shadow Box.

-Current bidder: $75/Cheeler "SOLD"