Fly Fusion Forums

Calgary Bashing

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your confused dave...sodomizing of cattle only takes place in Taber and Medicine Hat...

Shh...keep that under your hat. People start hearing about the "Medicine Hat Advantage" and we'll be turning into another Calgary ;)

DEERFOOT Had to many close calls. Maybe Cause us Lethbridge drivers KNOW how to drive. HaHaHa

Forget that, I just got back from Lethbridge, and I'll take the deerfoot anyday, those crazy bastards on the highway going out of town into the valley was one of the most nerve racking experince EVER

your confused dave...sodomizing of cattle only takes place in Taber and Medicine Hat...the only animals you see getting that treatment here are the dogs and that's only when the city workers are out and about....

Hey my cousin lives in Dog's Town of Taber (Outside) and my Grandma's is at the extended care center, and before that both my Grandparents lived in Grassy Lake and Berdit, you BASTARD!!!!!!!!!

:D:lol::P:o;):D:D

Guest bigbadbrent
Forget that, I just got back from Lethbridge, and I'll take the deerfoot anyday, those crazy bastards on the highway going out of town into the valley was one of the most nerve racking experince EVER

the wind makes driving straight quite the challenge....then if its not windy, they're still trying to accomodate it and then BAM sideswipe :P

the wind makes driving straight quite the challenge....then if its not windy, they're still trying to accomodate it and then BAM sideswipe :P

separates the manly drivers from the girly girls, so does fishin' in the wind :P :P

actually he ain't to far wrong with the comparison between Deerfoot and the Lethbridge hill @ quitin' time.

I love the area of Calgary I'm living in now, at the far west end of the city. I can see myself living here for a long time, and I doubt I'll be moving back to Edmonton any time soon :P

Edmonton is THE WORST city in the world to attempt to drive in. END of discussion. I don't understand how anyone in their right ming could live there.

Edmonton is THE WORST city in the world to attempt to drive in. END of discussion. I don't understand how anyone in their right ming could live there.

So you've been to every city in the world? What's it like to drive in Shanghai or Mumbai? I heard Mumbai is just ridiculous and to never give the finger to anyone in Istanbul.

In my opinion, Edmonton is like one big Forest Lawn, only worse..Every time I go there for business it makes me shudder.....Fishing opportunities are almost non existent...One or two pothole stocked lakes and that's about it...Calgary is sure not like it used to be, crime, creeps, and WAY too many people...I have changed my work schedule completley, leave late in morning and early in the afternoon, work from home a lot more...

That crap coming from a guy with a jet boat?

So you've been to every city in the world? What's it like to drive in Shanghai or Mumbai? I heard Mumbai is just ridiculous and to never give the finger to anyone in Istanbul.

I've lived in a few cities(Houston, New Orleans, Orlando, San Diego, Honolulu, Chicago, etc.), Edmonton among them. To me, it's not even a contest between Edmonton and Calgary. Though Calgary certainly has more through roads in both directions, I find driving here the most frustrating experience of my life. Whoever planned the road system in Calgary couldn't have gotten out of elementary school. Access to shopping centers is bad beyond belief, if you miss an entrance it might take you 10 minutes to get back. It's like the whole city is planned around making it difficult to navigate. When roads are closed, there are no detour signs. Just a sign saying "Please find Alternate Route" Oh, ok. Good I guess if you've lived here your whole life, not so good if you haven't. Bizarre entrances to freeways. Horrible signage. Just brutal.

My only real complaint with Calgary. But it do make me a little nuts at times.

A lot of the pressure has been taken off the roads in Edmonton with the Anthony Henday ring road additions. It can only get better. I live on the North side of the city and can be anywhere in the city within 45 minutes during rush hour. That's not too bad for a city approaching 1 million. I used to drive to Wetaskiwin on a regular basis and would make the trip in 1 hour during the summer and 1hr 15 minutes during winter. From my house it's an 82 km north to south trip through the city then south . If that's not moving I don't know what is.

Pretty Weak Reply Weedy....Are you from Edmonton??? How is the fishing around that town?? Am I misinformed or something??? Pitt Reservoir and some other slew...Edmonton is not my favorite place ....My Jetboat kicks ass...The best of both worlds...Drifting and jetting....Rows like a dream....Later

You obviously didn't understand my reply. And yes, I'm from Edmonton.

The North Sask is one of the most under rated rivers around. A guy with a jet boat would have fabulous opportunities at several species. I used to live 100 feet from the river in downtown Edmonton (no not a tent :P ) and the fishing was fantastic. The river is underused and it's time the damn city does something about it.

Stillwater fishing for Bows is fantastic if you have a clue what you're doing. I can be in the water within a 1/2 hr casting to fish that average in the 16-20" range and expect to get something over 20 quite often. You're right that some of the potholes do not produce well and can be slews but overall things have been coming around quite well up here in the past few years. There are quite a few more places within an hour to cast a line than East Pitt for rainbows. Wabamum holds some of the largest Pike you'll ever see anywhere in Alberta, great Walleye lakes, Grayling not too far.

I fished about 100 days last year, 90% of it within a 2 hour drive of Edmonton, 80% within 45 minutes. I'm either really stubborn or there must be something worth fishing for.

So to answer your question, I would say you were misinformed, or something. I would go with the something before the misinformed though.

i never have much of a problem driving around Calgary. Vancouver has issues depending on where you are. i would rather drive across Calgary than from horseshoe bay to deep cove during rush hour.

i didnt think that driving around edmonton was that bad except for the potholes but they are better than in SK.

i do the drive from Calgary to Lethbridge every few months without a problem, guess i never hit the really windy days. LOL :P

I have no problem with Calgary but then again I have learned to drive in Toronto. if you think Edmonton or Calgary is bad traffic, try the Don Valley Parkway at 4:00pm. it not dangerous or anything, mainly because you don't f**kin move.

i would rather drive across Calgary than from horseshoe bay to deep cove during rush hour.

No doubt.

Anyone ever heard of the Colwood crawl in Victoria? People have chess games on the hood of their cars while waiting for the traffic to flow. ;)

Calgary and Edmonton are not that bad for traffic on the scale of things. The oil rich people of this province just have a tendency to complain about anything. Look at the "I hate winter" thread. (sorry rickr) The temperature drops from a balmy +6 in Calgary to -25 and everyone freaks out. Who cares if the Bow is frozen until next June? Everyone knows the best fishing is around Edmonton anyways. So quit yer complainin......

It's nice to get back to the bashing... :lol:

Weedy, You very well might be right, but I have several friends from Edmonton who come and fish here a lot every summer.

They only go for the scenery.

The one time I swam in your river, I got the 10,000 Year Jock Itch...Won't do that again...

It was your friends from Edmonton telling you it was safe to swim in the river wasn't it? Probably some Northern Lights guys.:lol:

fishhead, why do you go out of your way to post replies to start a small riot? nearly every time?!?

do you really have nothing better to do or are you trying to see how long it takes before it gets nasty and some one ends up politely asked to not post for a few weeks?????

Don't worry Ladystrange I can handle Fishhead's attempts at humor.

Fishhead is always trolling, if you only nibble and then spit the hook out eventually he packs his 5gallon bucket up and goes home. The smell of the bait has a tendency to linger for awhile afterwards though. :lol:

I have no problem with Calgary but then again I have learned to drive in Toronto. if you think Edmonton or Calgary is bad traffic, try the Don Valley Parkway at 4:00pm. it not dangerous or anything, mainly because you don't f**kin move.

I've certainly been places where the traffic was WAY worse, but that's not what I'm talking about. The roads, freeways, etc. here are not designed for ease of access or egress. Not enough left turn lanes, but traffic light patterns, etc. are what drive me nuts. More than any city I've ever lived in, you really have to know exactly how to get where you're going or you will end up exiting a highway without meaning to, usually because a lack of adequate signage. That and the endless ending of lanes, or highway pinch points that almost looked designed.

That said, I have no plans to live anywhere else. Into each one's life some pain must fall.

The oil rich people of this province just have a tendency to complain about anything. Look at the "I hate winter" thread. (sorry rickr) The temperature drops from a balmy +6 in Calgary to -25 and everyone freaks out.

Several years ago when I lived in Grande Prairie, I was with some other rich whiny oil field guys working in High Level on a fine, bright -52 morning. We were working outside of course. The consultant comes up to me and asks "you're from Texas, right Rick?" "yesssss" is my shivering reply. "What do you think of the weather?" my inquisitive Albertan friend asks. "I think it's really #$@%ing cold, what do you think of it?" He laughs and says, "yep, it's really &%$#ing cold!" Bunch of damn whiners! ;)

I hear ya Rick, the 30 ft merge lanes drive me nuts, and the fact the lights have no sync. oh and people the left lane in FOR PASSING.

but I won't be going back to Ontario for more than a visit in my life time.