Fly Fusion Forums

Thieves In The Neighborhood

I found a high end bike in my alley a month ago and called the bike shop where it was purchased. Turned out the woman that owned it lived a couple of blocks away and it had been stolen out of her unlocked garage. Those thieving bastards are everywhere and due to the economy unfortunately they are desperate. Glad you got your stuff back.

• Like 1

I have seen some scary dudes riding bikes around the neighborhood peaking into people's garages. While folks are in the backyard, they are in and out of your garage. You can't leave your garage unattended at all these days. So sad to see the city reaching this state

I have seen some scary dudes riding bikes around the neighborhood peaking into people's garages. While folks are in the backyard, they are in and out of your garage. You can't leave your garage unattended at all these days. So sad to see the city reaching this state

Unfortunately monger it is absolutely everywhere nowadays. Even the really small towns. And the rural break ins as well. As victims we have no rights to defend (no I'm not trying to be pro-gun here) but not even enough where you could hit someone with a baseball bat, for fear of being charged for assault yourself. I have been hit several times the last little while, my personal and company trucks. Don't know how they get in, no windows smashed, no slim jimmed windows/locks. My most recent frustrating item thieved was my reading glasses. Same thing, buggers tearing my truck apart grabbing everything they can, and take my prescription glasses. What good could those possibly be to anyone but me? Sorry not trying to derail, I'm glad there was a great ending to this story for once.

Wish I owned a tazer, and knew how to use it. I would sit in my garage waiting near the beer fridge.

I dream of a home alone version of defence. Ha

Installed a security system a week or so ago after having a couple attempts at break/ins of my garage in 2 years. We'll see if it does anything. At the very least, it's good for monitoring the house when the pets are home alone.

At least it will give you warning if someone has broken in... Wouldn't count on a quick response from CPS, but at least it's somewhat of a deterrent...

I dream of a home alone version of defence. Ha
Installed a security system a week or so ago after having a couple attempts at break/ins of my garage in 2 years. We'll see if it does anything. At the very least, it's good for monitoring the house when the pets are home alone.