Fly Fusion Forums

Best Day Ever

It was an exciting day all the way around. You should have seen the smiles and excitement on the 30 plus school kids. They learned a ton of environmental information. What constitutes a healthy environment for the fish, what other kinds of critters benefit from our waterways etc. We talked about why you don't just throw your apple core in the grass and why you should pick up the little bits of trash lying around.

It's a great program and gets the kids very enthused. The school they go to is an inner city elementary school with a wide range of kids from all different backgrounds. I was surprised at how many had never even seen a fish in its natural environment.

I asked the lady from Fish and Wildlife how many Calgary area schools were involved in this, I think she said that 16 was the number.

If any of the people from FFC are members of their school's Parent Council, I would encourage you to look into this program for your own schools.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...