Fly Fusion Forums

Watching "team Toolman" On Fishing With Dodger..

birchy

You may need a flycasting golf course set up... like the golf disc courses in some parks.

Your goal... cast to the target at the end with the least number of casts. Around obstacles, through bush, just distance, etc.

For the last shot you have to hit a ring on the ground. If you land the fly closer than a rod length to the target you get to move back one rod length (9') from the target. If you miss from 9' you just keep casting from that position until you hit the target. So I guess you have to move your fly every time unless you land within a rod length.

Everyone carries a marker so when you "tee off" you walk out to the fly and drop your marker and then move over for the next caster.

Its a fun way to have a few beverages and practice all types of casting, plus it can be competative practice without the pissing contest.

Don't forget the blue argyle checkered sweater...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigbadbrent
Ok so team Hawgstoppah is

Hawgstoppah,

Kritofr,

3 open spots.

Or is is team captain and then 5 members?

My team is going to be semi experienced bow river fisherman. Let's see if the young guns can take us down. MTB you on my team? Need yah. Need a few more vets too. :lol:

Lynn, this sounds awesome, let's roll with it. Anyone know how to book the group campsite area at carseland? Let's do this. Can't think of anything more fun here. If we plan it now, I'm sure everyone can get the time off....

lol, i was hoping to push MTB into 'coaching' us :P

If someone wants me on their team let me know this sounds like fun...... although I don't know why you would I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat. If not I will just show up and be captain of the drinking team which is something I am better equipped to handle......

If someone wants me on their team let me know this sounds like fun...... although I don't know why you would I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat. If not I will just show up and be captain of the drinking team which is something I am better equipped to handle......

OK, I found a team I want to be on! ;)

ill be the captain of team "maddmaxx"...when do yall wana start practicing...

we need the team molson too fill up too...

looks like lonefisher, bloom, teck...glenbow when hes back from teh kiwis?... who else likes beer and fishing? LMAO

I'd like to nominate Mike as captain of Team Molson if this happens. I figure he's a shoe-in because he's got at least double the experience drinking than most of you :lol:

we need the team molson too fill up too...

looks like lonefisher, bloom, teck...glenbow when hes back from teh kiwis?... who else likes beer and fishing? LMAO

Got to get Walker1 on this team. Not only does he like fishing and drinking, but he always brings the beer! (It's Keith's, but it's tough to complain about free beer)

Guest bigbadbrent

Its The Young Guns, not maddmaxx......Once we figure out what we're doing im sure we can get out and cast some

Guest bigbadbrent

Tough to practice without a knowledge of whats going to be required to be done..

especially when the organizer is coaching one of the other teams :P

Team Molson will be favourites for the Das Boot challenge

Tough to practice without a knowledge of whats going to be required to be done..

especially when the organizer is coaching one of the other teams :P

sorry dude u can have the captain of team young gun..i gotta stay true too my hommies...its all the love of flyfishin...and they wana practice soon...so team..YARRR BROTHERR!!!

maxwell

LK2

maximum

and the others were waiting on.....sorta

weres team oluns??? ;)

dryfly

adc

don a

barry m

jim m

?

thats a scary team....

Guest bigbadbrent
sorry dude u can have the captain of team young gun..i gotta stay true too my hommies...its all the love of flyfishin...and they wana practice soon...so team..YARRR BROTHERR!!!

I'd love to practice soon, its the fact that there is NO idea what is going on....Go practice your 100 foot long casts, to find that they're not applicable..

and no, its very very sensible..

patience yung hoppa....first and formost i went with it cuz i was already selected for ur team, before even reading or postin..practice as in...all the nymph, streamer, dry etc....not too mention mends, rigs and what not i use..i wasnt even going too bring out the double handed speys ...rather...teach you and the rest how too spey with a single handed rod, double hall and whatever else yall wana learn. that i can teach......but i rolled it around in my head and figured i aint that "yung" lmao.... and would rather laugh with my hommies than break my balls trying too teach yall how too be better fisherman...plus the more teams thebetter! as for what is going too go on...i think toolman laid it down a few posts back...skills comp...as in ... mends...cast..not bigger fish and 100 foot casts...hell that 100er would onyl win in the furthest distance part of the whole show.....this aint no certified master caster challenge either btu an event too help build our community...u digin it now...please lets see more teams...i wana to meet all of yall

Guest bigbadbrent

Did we ever ask you to teach us how to fish max, did we ever ask you to coach us or anything..i sent you a pm seeing if you'd like to join us, and you agreed..?

Im pretty sure we all do pretty well without your help..

glad to see the ego's gone up a bit