Fly Fusion Forums

Watching "team Toolman" On Fishing With Dodger..

birchy

Im pretty sure we all do pretty well without your help..

glad to see the ego's gone up a bit

seriously dude....you seem to have an issue with anything anybody says to you that differs from your opinion. Greg said most of what we would be doing 6 pages ago. If thatt changes a little so what. We are trying to have some fun anda create a little rivalry between friends.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is getting a little out of hand :S... id rather have a weekend of camping, and just some good all around fun with a little competition on the side. I dont want anyone trying to coach me or tell me what i am doing wrong. Granted i love to learn but this is taking the fun out of it. That being said, if anyone wants to plan a camping trip count me in.

a few pages back there was a reference to the ladies stepping up. so other than roasting weenies i will also join a team. whomever may want me...

are we looking at a one day event in march or are we going to do a weekend thing come july or both?

enough of the testosterone kids. it's a fun event to get us together for some laughs. we all know there are a dozen people kicking around here who can cast a 100fter on a single hand rod. i would not be one of them but would love to develope the technique. so if that is something that i can get out of this, that would be great.

and if someone would like to show me some of those different casts so i dont stare blankly and blink when asked to do it, that would be nice as well. i'm still working on the double haul.

Great post Ladystrange and glad that you are interested in having some fun and working on the fishing skills.

The Skills Challenge is scheduled for March as mentioned and open to all members who would like to join. Some of the judges and participants will be busy in July with guiding and working in the fishing business, so March is the off season for them to get involved. The Skills Challenge will help all of us prepare for the prime fishing next season. If folks want to do a camping trip in July, I would be in to that as well.

Ok sorry but I really really really have to address a few of the key concerns..... are we gonna have enough beer? Do I need to stay reasonably sobre or are children banned and therefore safe from my antics? Will SpeyGhillie be there with another bottle of good scotch? If he is there with a bottle of scotch will anyone drink it with me....... I mean its all well and good saying we can organize this but after 7 pages uncle alcohol has only been mention 1 or 5 times......

That stretch of river is where I usually fish, & I'd love to see how the advanced fly fishermen fish there. My skills and interest isn't at the point of competing, but it would be an excellent venue to learn and to get to meet some fellow fly fishing nuts. Unless there an event for "looking" like your throwing a 100 footer, but not getting past 50'?

I'm a A/V nut as well, so I could film/document the event. I'll mail out DVD's once their ready.

Also since this competition could be the first of many to come, or other social events, why not form a club with memberships? I'm not suggesting weekly meetings or getting jackets made right away, but in order to book something you need $, and what a better way to collect or raise $ then club membership?

This would require some people to volunteer for management, treasury and whatever else is needed. With a club formed its a bit easier to be democratic and it alleviates some of the personal obligations of the organizers. In other words it doesn't have to be 'Toolmans competition' but a regular FFC event with Toolman as the top organizer, or whatever.

Not trying to steal your thunder TM, but with competition comes emotions and ensuring its done, and appear fair and unbiased could be the difference between success and otherwise. Since this event is obviously of interest to a number of people, and an excellent way for FFC members to get together, why not make it an annual tradition? And plan other events?

This event could be used as a FFC club test event. In other words by organizing this event and collecting and raising $ for this event alone, one should get a better idea of the size of the membership. Not to mention you could use the event to announce and discuss the club idea. Maybe a questionnaire to find out what most people have time for and are willing to pay for membership?

The term 'Brainstorm' refers to the state of mind I'm in almost always, so feel free to ignore or disagree. lol.

BTW TroutSlayer, the pictures of that stretch of river were taken during the flood of 05, thats why it looks like the Mississippi, and once you see it now you'll see how much its changed. Which is a result of the flooding. The water is about 5 feet above where it is now.

Hawstoppah, I am more interested in what you propose. I would be interested in a summer weekend of getting together, meeting new people and a little fun. It will give me a good excuse to get the trailer out, spend the weekend with my family and to fish.

The Windham/Carseland campground would be a great choice, as would Nature's Hideaway, or maybe a campsite on the Oldman later in the season. Whatever, you guys decide what is going on, present the details and I will make my decision at that point of time.

Well... all I really wanna do is camp and meet everyone. Let's plan a weekend in July. Book it now. That way the people who are in the fishing industry can book it off now (if they really want to come)...

I say we make this an on going thing throughout the summer..different skills/tests for each get together..build your teams and then make the challenges, a few outings throughout the summer so everyone gets to participate..and does not have to be put on the spot for one particular date...

Guest Rocknbugs

I would like to know how to get into this thing. I posted that I would like to be in about 2 pages ago with no response from anybody needing people and I dont really know anybody from the forum, so how does that work.

im game for wutever but from may-sept im prettymuch booked....july was a 33 outta 36 days guided for me this year...i cant manage any time to do jack but catch up on sleep and toss a line here and hter eon my days off...and october is all bullies really...fakit if need me i suppose...gotta pay the bills

Guest bigbadbrent
july was a 33 outta 36 days guided for me this year...

No wonder they think theirs global warming, 5 extra days in july could definitly add the heat..

my july started in june and ended in august..talk the peeps at troutfitters when you work next or any flyshop/outfit..they will tell u the same...july is "the month"...stampede..warmest days...peek toursim......

im still up for a competition...playdoh..thanks for offering your services...much appreciated...think we need too revamp things a bit and maybe refigure some teams....

I would like to know how to get into this thing. I posted that I would like to be in about 2 pages ago with no response from anybody needing people and I dont really know anybody from the forum, so how does that work.

Just show up dude. You can fish with me if you want. I'll show you how to hook some bushes on your backcast! :P

Just show up dude. You can fish with me if you want. I'll show you how to hook some bushes on your backcast! :P

and I'll teach you how to convince people you lost your rig to a hog when you bust off in the trees..how to make that fiberglass 30" look real in the pics..I know all the secrets.