Fly Fusion Forums

Brushes With Greatness!

bigalcal

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to work downtown at teatro and we would have celebrities in almost every night. BNL, Tom Jackson, Jan Arden, Potsi from happy days, and lots more. I also worked out at a golf course and got to play an occational round. I once was paired up with Mike Vernon and Al MacInnes right before they were traded.

met all kinds of people at the airport. Wrestlers, hockey players, hollywood types. Fueled Aerosmiths plane at the executive flight centre and sat on the plane and talked with them for an hour. Unloaded Rod stewarts plane and he gave us all free tickets(didn't use them) Met Gretzky. Grew up in the same town as Marty Mcsorley Cayuga so it was him that introduced me to wayne. Had supper at Harveys with Gene simmonds and shannon tweed when they came up for a ski thingy. List goes on. Kind of a cool perk to the job. Oh and i also met Bono in Customs. Just a little fella. Dolly parton....there big in real life... :P and just as short as Bono. Wish i had some pics though. Got lots of hockey cards signed though.

Ran into the whole Blue Collar comedy tour entourage at a truckstop once. Jeff foxworthy, Ron White, Bill Engvall, and Larry the cable Guy. Larry the Cable guy is as funny in real life as he is on his shows. Talked to the boys for a half hour b4 they had to get moving. It was awesome. There hilarious :lol:

I went to school in red deer with Cam Ward goalie for Carolina, Jeff Woywitka (one of the nicest people i have ever met), and unfortunately Deon Phanuef ( Ok im a Oiler fan but this guy is possibly the dumbest kid i have ever met in my life, If he did not make it he would have been screwed. I have also been told that now that he is "famous" he has turned into a bigheaded prick, which doesn’t surprise me). Also met Ryan Smyth who is also very arrogant. Umm other then hockey players? Not many, guess thats what i get from growing up in a hockey town.

I meet flurey when i was a kid at a baseball game agianst his son. we kicked there ass 19 to 4. He was not happy on alot of the calls made etc.. but we didnt care. He still signed our hats so we were happy, this was the first.

The next person i meet was darr mcbool!

haha not sure if you rember him but i got out of my car at blockbuster.

and who was standing right infront of me! darrr

and he was great so that still counts.

I see brett heart every so often

i have been friends with his kids for years.

i have been to partys at his house when he comes home EXTREMLY MAD!

hes an awsome guy.

A friend of mine is also dany heatley's first cousin, i was invited for dinner with him one night at her house.

wicked guy it was a great time.

last but not least, not to sure if any of you follow the pbr, but i meet justin mcbride when i was in saskatchwen a few summers ago.

it was at a family friends ranch for a bbq. talked to him a bit now im hooked on the whole bull riding deal.

im 21 and i have a pretty good list going so far.

we will see what will happen in the next 20 years.

Cool people I have met,

BB King, Buddy Guy,Iggy Pop , The Clash, Joey Ramone, The Hip ( not so cool ),Dead Kennedies, John Lydon, Roy Orbison, Headstones etc etc ....One of the nicest was Tom Russel...Most Interesting...David Suzuki....Perks of my job I guess

You met the Clash? Damn...the only band that mattered. How'd you meet 'em?

Last year I met Gretzky at a steakhouse in Chicago. This was after the trade deadline and he talked about a couple of deals the Coyotes were working on that didn't go down. Same night I also took a leak at the urinal next to Grant Fuhr. I didn't think it an appropriate place to introduce myself.

PMD

Lots of brushes

Sports

Hockey

Jonny Bauer, Ken Dryden, Daryl Sittler(used to always see him on opening day of trout Season on the Boyne River in the town I grew up in. He was a Leaf he had the time in the spring), Wayne & Walter Gretzky (Parents live just down the road from Watler in Brantford ON), Bobby Orr, Harold Ballard.

Base Ball

Pat Borders, Tony Fernedez.

Boxing

George Chuvalo (Great Guy),Tommy (machine gun) Morrison.

Actors

Dan Akroyd, Jim Belushi, Gilda Radner, Kiefer Suthlerland, Tom Green, Bruce Willis

Music

Neil Young, Randy Bachman, Kim Mitchell, Avril Lavigne, Paul Anka(didn't know who it was till my Mom freaked out),Stompin Tom Connors, Alanyss Morisette, and my crowning Acheive meant A 10 minute conversation Jerry Garcia after their concert in Kingston ON in '89

I picked up Pierre Elliott Trudeau's underwear once after a pack horse scattered it all over the side of a mountain in BNP...................... does that count????

That was also the moment in time when I found for sure that even the rich and famous leave skid marks in their shorts.

I grew up with Jarome Iginla in St. Albert. We went to school and used to play baseball together until he left to play for the Blazers. Most people don't know this but he was an excellent baseball player too and if he didnt make it in hockey he was definately good enough to play pro baseball.

He is still extremely genuine and down to earth and truly one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. The only bad thing I can say about him is that that he was an Oilers fan when we were growing up. :lol:

I picked up Pierre Elliott Trudeau's underwear once after a pack horse scattered it all over the side of a mountain in BNP...................... does that count????

That was also the moment in time when I found for sure that even the rich and famous leave skid marks in their shorts.

eeewwww, nice visual. didnt need that. lol

i have to agree with doug c about iggi, met him when i worked at the dome. really, really nice. funny. liked to come by after the odd conference and just say hi. too funny that he was an oil fan, though