Fly Fusion Forums

Jeff Wilson Memorial Bench

ggp

Here is the link to a site where donations can be made for the funds required for Jeff Willsons memorial bench to be located at Bullshead Lake. As most of you know, Jeff passed away suddenly in February of this year. His contributions and Legacy to the southern Alberta fisheries, especially Bullshead and Kananaskis Lakes will live on.

<
>

• Like 5

Done. I never got to meet Jeff. We conversed many times here on FFC and on the phone when he contributed his time and talent to helping me with some fundraising, both for streamwatch and various cancer and MS fundraisers I've been involved in. He was a passionate fishermen and gave back immensely to the sport he loved.I wish I had gotten to fish with him, I know I would have loved it. Rest in peace Jeff. Enjoy your bench.

Rescue is done in the spring. This year a fisheries biologist was there and he brought along some equipment to help in the rescue (no electrofishing equipment). The biologist was there through the whole process to document everything and take pictures. He coordinated everything on site and was probably the hardest working guy out there. Great to see him get involed with this effort. Every fish we moved back to the lake was measured and data was recorded. I never recieved any of the data but someone else on here may have. I know we moved over 300 fish back to the lake and there were some big ones. With the aid of the biologist we installed a fence in spring below the spill way to try and contain the fish in the pool so they would not go down stream. Once run off had basically stopped we went out a couple times to catch the fish and move them back up the hill to the lake. There were quite a few volunteers out there to help and an ATV was used to move the fish back up the hill. The holding pool was pumped out to ensure we got all the fish. The fence was removed and water was pumped back into the pool at the request of the farmer as his cattle drink from it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I received an email today from Linda and Ron Wilson, Jeff's parents, that his memorial bench is to be installed at Bullshead tomorrow June 24th. Thanks to all who contributed.

• Like 2

I received an email today from Linda and Ron Wilson, Jeff's parents, that his memorial bench is to be installed at Bullshead tomorrow June 24th. Thanks to all who contributed.

Awesome news, someone needs to get picture of the install!

He will always be missed.

• Like 1