Fly Fusion Forums

What Is Better?

Taco

Couldn't agree more with Tungsten. my go to chromie is a very simple thread body with a gold bead no rib or anything, It constantly out fishes any of the other fancy chormies in my box by quite a large margin from BC to Manitoba.

Personally i haven't had much luck ,with either.Putting the oil in the one product,PITA..Have a look on you tube for John Kent ties.He uses a product ,similiar.I'm going to give them a whirl..Will agre thin bodies are the key,in chironomid biulding

I like simple ties, functions better with the way my cranial region operates.

I could really work with this, but I'll be good.. I just started tying chironies and for the translucent effect I do a tinsel body overwrapped with midge flex.. Coat it with Sally's, UV cure etc.. For the small stuff, I'll do a thread body with wire wrap.

Mike

I used to use liquid lace, but they look terrible after a period of time. I use stillwater solutions midge flex in variety of colours. looks great and you can stretch it really thin, then gradually allow it to get thicker near the thorax. it has some shine to it or you can coat with sally hansons. easy and durable

Taco,

Gray body c/w black rib

Olive body c/w ruddy red rib

Black body c/w dull stainless wire rod.

All other materials are Danville's 6/0 thread

Head is black thread Danville's 3/0

Plus Anti Static Bag c/w black rib.

Gill of Oral B Super Floss

Hooks Mustad C068NP-BR

Coating was Sally Hansns Now is UV set resin. Deer Mart.

Simple stuff.

Got hundreds of the complicated stuff but these work as well and are easy to tie.

Don

• Like 1