Fly Fusion Forums

Leaking Waders

cgyguy

Super easy. Squirt bottle and rubbing alcohol. Turn waders inside out, spray waders with rubbing alcohol. Leaks will show as dark spots. Mark each spot with a pen or marker. Coat with aquaseal. Allow to dry overnight. Works everytime. I occassionally find what seems like a hundred pinholes but extends the waders quite a ways and i rarely get wet.

• Like 2

Super easy. Squirt bottle and rubbing alcohol. Turn waders inside out, spray waders with rubbing alcohol. Leaks will show as dark spots. Mark each spot with a pen or marker. Coat with aquaseal. Allow to dry overnight. Works everytime. I occassionally find what seems like a hundred pinholes but extends the waders quite a ways and i rarely get wet.

Only works for goretex material (Simms) I believe

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not to high jack this tread .

I have a small pin hole in mybelly boat and even after taking a ribbing from the wife about trying to find it in the bath tub.

I still can't find it. It's a Togiak with a fairly soft rubbery inner tube.

Any ideas ???

Just fill the pant legs of the wader and hold it under water in a bath tub. You should see tiny air bubbles coming out from the leaking area. Has always worked for me, even with the tiniest pin hole leaks. Then use repair kit as explained in the instructions.

• 2 weeks later...