Fly Fusion Forums

Gopro Fun

stein

had an interesting encounter with an eagle a few weekends ago...out on the lake he kept swooping down over my head once he figured out I had kept a trout (foul hooked 18" bow)...even as I was taking apart my toon, he kept flying down low close to my head...gopro op...

Guest JBear

is it just in BC where its illegal to keep a fish hooked anywhere then its mouth? Just curious, i like the video though.

is it just in BC where its illegal to keep a fish hooked anywhere then its mouth? Just curious, i like the video though.

I think you are thinking about the term "snagging" but my understanding that means with a gaff hook or some other device designed to purposefully snag a fish. Snagging a fish by such means is illegal in alberta if you look under general regulations.

Foul hooking a fish is not considered snagging by my interpretation.

Awesome video, you were pretty close.

My question was legitimate (and wasn't meant as a smartass comment), and was not posted to criticise the OP...

This is from the AB regs (presume BC regs would be similar)...

•The edible flesh of legally kept game fish must not be wasted, destroyed, spoiled or abandoned...

I was curious if this situation would fall under the above definition...

Would it be considered wasting your catch?!

Guest Wrecker
My question was legitimate (and wasn't meant as a smartass comment), and was not posted to criticise the OP...

This is from the AB regs (presume BC regs would be similar)...

•The edible flesh of legally kept game fish must not be wasted, destroyed, spoiled or abandoned...

I was curious if this situation would fall under the above definition...

Explain how the fish was wasted, destroyed, spoiled, or abandoned...

I would think that since he caught it and purposefully left it for the bird to grab, that would be purposeful abandonment, wouldn't it?! It's not like he left it on the table by mistake!!

Explain how the fish was wasted, destroyed, spoiled, or abandoned...

Guest Wrecker
I would think that since he caught it and purposefully left it for the bird to grab, that would be purposeful abandonment, wouldn't it?! It's not like he left it on the table by mistake!!

Your always looking for trouble is quite tiresome..

Your always looking for trouble is quite tiresome..

Yea X2 who cares, an eagle got fed :P

Guest Wrecker
I would love the opportunity to debate this in person, let me know if you want to make that happen :)

Hey dude thats a great video. You gotta ignore the mall cop!

Guest Wrecker
That's a good one! :clapping:

Pot meet kettle!!

Listen here Blart, Any of that I did was cut and pasted from your replies... :loster:

Oh- and thank your "friend" for the insight.. :lol:

Uberfly, absolutely no need for that. fully agree it is getting tiresome seeing you complain and trying to stir the pot, i think your attitude is due to the fact that you were jealous to not have the opportunity to be present for this. maybe think about this for a minute, better the eagle eats a fish that he caught that may suffer a mortality if he tried to release it, then the eagle taking a completely healthy fish out of the lake. monger has it right, good recycling.

seriously, its alot easier to be nice then to be an ***hole, and what goes around always comes around.

GREAT VIDEO STEIN!! :)