Fly Fusion Forums

A Warm Welcome To Our New Uk Members

Flytyer

Hi Folks,

my thanks to Flytyer for the advance warning to you!

I am one of those people from across the pond and hope to pick up some useful tips and patterns from you guys (and gals) hopefully I can reciprocate with some stuff that you haven't seen before from our forum - UK Fly Dressers - I post under the same label there.

Until then, TLs to all.

Welcome aboard guys! Looking forward to your input and I'm sure there is tons we can learn from each other.

A quick etiquette question: Is cross ocean sarcasm allowed? From what I've been told, and experienced, UK humour (notice the English spelling? Not bad for an American!) can be pretty dry. Not sure that I could keep up, but I wouldn't mind giving it a roll...

Welcome aboard guys! Looking forward to your input and I'm sure there is tons we can learn from each other.

A quick etiquette question: Is cross ocean sarcasm allowed? From what I've been told, and experienced, UK humour (notice the English spelling? Not bad for an American!) can be pretty dry. Not sure that I could keep up, but I wouldn't mind giving it a roll...

Sarcasm? We would never stoop to such low methods! All we ask is that when you reply to any of our posts, you use a Chambers English Dictionary for spelling references. Sarcasm indeed!

Sarcasm? We would never stoop to such low methods! All we ask is that when you reply to any of our posts, you use a Chambers English Dictionary for spelling references. Sarcasm indeed!

You should hear the accent I have given you in my head. Very upper crust British. (if you are Irish, Scottish or Welsh, I most humbly apologize). For my accent, please use the worst Texan drawl you can imagine. That oughta do it. Ya'll.

You should hear the accent I have given you in my head. Very upper crust British. (if you are Irish, Scottish or Welsh, I most humbly apologize). For my accent, please use the worst Texan drawl you can imagine. That oughta do it. Ya'll.

I would think that my ass would have given it away!

I am a Scot, living and working in Ireland at present. The accent is pure Scottish and is indecipherable to some!

hallo all from across the pond, to you from one of the gals. nice to see another scot... though a few generations back for me i must add.

i'm looking forward to checking out some of your patterns as i am indeed interested in the international swap but have no idea as to what to tie for you. any suggestions would be greatly apprecated. it seems my local book store was sadly lacking in any fly patterns international or the sort.

I would think that my ass would have given it away!

I am a Scot, living and working in Ireland at present. The accent is pure Scottish and is indecipherable to some!

Can't believe I didn't look at your ass! I've switched your accent to Billy Connolly, drunk. I've been to Aberdeen a few times, and drunk was the only way we could understand each other. Hopefully we get a chance to test that out one day.

Welcome here chaps. Rather a harmless lot, although we have "interesting" discussions now and then--sometimes about fishing. :)

Cheers,

Clive

PS: I was born in Surrey, lived on farm in Hants until 8 years, moved here in 1955. Our farm nr Fordingbridge had a chalk stream and now has pay-to-fish ponds.

PPS: Here's one of our Alberta high-country trout streams--the Oldman River...last weekend.

om700.jpg

Dryfly,

that is fantastic scenery in which to wield a rod, I am envious of the range of fishing that is available to you in Canada from the small lakes in the East to the high range rivers in the West that hardly see a human being. I will need to get across there sometime in the future to experience this for myself as my only associations with Canada have been Vancouver for a weeks vacation and Montreal for work on several occasions when I was a commissioning engineer for a German company.

TLs

Can't believe I didn't look at your ass! I've switched your accent to Billy Connolly, drunk. I've been to Aberdeen a few times, and drunk was the only way we could understand each other. Hopefully we get a chance to test that out one day.

You have almost hit the nail on the head with that description, when we Scots get into full drinking mode, we can only be understood by each other!

As a matter of fact, I cannot understand the folks from the North East either! A different language is spoken up there and around the Macduff and Banff areas, well to me it sounds a different language! :lol:

Great to have you here fellas !

Spent some time at St Andrews University - was constantly force fed a drink that was half beer, half cider, with a shot of vodka and a shot of raspberry syrop - true diesel I think they called it, you get enough of those in you and it didn't matter what language anyone was attempting to speak LOL - I think getting canadians drunk was a local entertainment sport of sorts that year LOL - I ended up borrowing a mountain bike and touring up the coast, the scenery was only matched by the hospitality of the people I met, I am always looking to return the kindness I experienced on that trip....anyway enough chatter - welcome aboard !

People of Calgary, first let me apologise for I had not realised until this morning that two of the natives had escaped. Please do not think that this pair of ruffians are indicative of the general population this side of the pond. Most are rather quieter and more sensible, rather like me really.

Second. let me say hello. I've had a look round the board and you look like a talented and knowledgeable group of guy and gals, so I hope you don't mind if this Scottish youngster joins the fun. Hopefully I'll learn a lot from you.

People of Calgary, first let me apologise for I had not realised until this morning that two of the natives had escaped. Please do not think that this pair of ruffians are indicative of the general population this side of the pond. Most are rather quieter and more sensible, rather like me really.

Second. let me say hello. I've had a look round the board and you look like a talented and knowledgeable group of guy and gals, so I hope you don't mind if this Scottish youngster joins the fun. Hopefully I'll learn a lot from you.

Welcome Scotfly and let me assure there are more than 2 "natives that escaped" :rolleyes: . We'll have some fun on this side too.

Dennis,

we are from wild natural stock and not C&R stockies! :P

That term you used that I have highlighted in bold red, youngster? Harrumph! :lol:

BTW Folks, this guy is sh*t hot at tying flies of any description and is our forum's Step By Step Meister.