Fly Fusion Forums

Waders For Giant

Hi Fishers, This refers back to Ricks take a buddy fishing. My bud said on the phone today this weather makes him look forward to getting out on the water with me. That's great, but Bud can play center for any NFL team. About 6ft 6 and approx 400 lbs.. Would you guys suggest he may need waders and boots special order to the mfg company. I do not think I have ever seen that size in a store. I am 230 lbs, so my jon gets maxed fast weight cap wise. Any suggestions appreciated. PL

Speaking of large men...

I took a lineman from the LA Raiders fishing once. My Large waders were about 5 sizes too small for him. He ended up wading in his jeans....tough guy as it was late September. I remember trying on his Super Bowl ring....I could put both my thumbs in it. Pretty cool ring...his # and the game score all in diamonds on a platinum ring.

Now back to your previously scheduled thread...

i am 6'6" and not thin.

I wear Dan Baileys XXLK they have a 37" inseam and a 14 ft.

I can wear a couple fleeces under these (my winter pair). They should work for him and they are better than Simms and half the price.

i am 6'6" and not thin.

I can wear a couple fleeces under these (my winter pair). They should work for him and they are better than Simms and half the price.

I'm 6' 1 240lbs and these did not fit me at all in the groin area and were way to long in the legs and since I wear a size 10 shoe the boots where absoultly monstrous on me.

The only company that I have looked into (Need new waders this year) that seems to suit my needs are Simms, unforntantly most companies do not make a fitting wader for someone that is short but wide.

i am 6'6" and not thin.

I see the caption below about these waders, I suppose getting him in them will see how the inseam and groin fit. Where in Calgary did you find the waders? And thx to all for the feedback, good info as always.PL

I'm 6' 1 240lbs and these did not fit me at all in the groin area and were way to long in the legs and since I wear a size 10 shoe the boots where absoultly monstrous on me.

The only company that I have looked into (Need new waders this year) that seems to suit my needs are Simms, unforntantly most companies do not make a fitting wader for someone that is short but wide.

'I am the same size. Redington's fit is perfect, but I've replaced them, on warranty.... twice.

I ordered a pair of Patagonia Watermasters in XXLK online. I'm 6'1" and close to 300lbs and they are huge on me. I'm was going to put them on Ebay but they may fit your buddy and I'll let them go cheap if he is interested.

I ordered a pair of Patagonia Watermasters in XXLK online. I'm 6'1" and close to 300lbs and they are huge on me. I'm was going to put them on Ebay but they may fit your buddy and I'll let them go cheap if he is interested.

Hi Doug, I sent a PM

• 2 weeks later...