Fly Fusion Forums

Bruins

When u have the best goalie in the league, and the best defenceman named Chara with a 16 foot hockey stick, its a no brainer........................Boston will win the cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vancouver sucks!

Guest Jeremie

Hate vancouver, if i want anyone to win it, it would be neat to see the coyotes win it. Completely random, but i love that kind of stuff!

Hate vancouver, if i want anyone to win it, it would be neat to see the coyotes win it. Completely random, but i love that kind of stuff!

Ahhh, no! That's all that rat Bettman needs to justify keeping that team in Phoenix.

i like how there are a few canadiens fans on here! big game tomorrow night.. beat those bruins tomorrow to show them what they are in for in the playoffs!

Hey...hey...I am the biggest Habs fan in Calgary!!! (Self-appointed)

Huge game tomorrow night especially after the game Feb 9. I was en route home from Mx that nite so I missed it. Looked like a bit of bullying going on. It's too bad the Habs don't have any tough guys. They will just have to outskate them which is what they usually do....and they don't seem to have too much trouble beating Thomas.

They have had Boston's number for years.

i'll agree with one thing...they do have the best defenceman named chara.....

but that's it......i'd like to agree with the vancouver sucks b/c i hate those bas%$#@* but damn it they do have a decent team and score a lot and may win the presidents trophy but i don't believe they have the team to win 16 games in the playoffs.....it truly is a new and different season......

i'll agree with one thing...they do have the best defenceman named chara.....

LOL ya Chara sure showed why he is the "best" d-man tonight, his team is down 4-0 and throws a hit like that.

LOL ya Chara sure showed why he is the "best" d-man tonight, his team is down 4-0 and throws a hit like that.

well keep in my the end result. There is a guy whos under six feet and weighs half of what that 10' monster weighs.. You can't expect patch to take a hit from him and not sustain some sort of injury.

I dont think it was a dirty hit from chara. However, I do agree with a radio announcer that i heard today saying that chara did injury a player on an illegal play. I feel there should have been some sort of suspension but i wouldn't say 10 games or anything. 5 minutes and a game just wasn't strong enough i dont think. Might be biased because i am the biggest habs fan (self-appointed) haha..

Either way the end result was a W for the canadiens, and it just showed that boston might have some bruisers but when the canadiens are on they are faster and more skilled then the bruins.

And in true canadiens fashion patch was named the 3rd star of the game. Thats why habs fans are the best fans in the league!

If the habs can get ANY of their regular defensemen back then we'd be in great shape for the playoffs... however, i don't think thats gonna happen.. gonna have to do it with a young fast defesnemen and with the expereince of sopel, mara, and gill.. the youngins should be fine.

update on patch if you haven't heard, major concussion and fractured vertebrae.. looks like he'll be out for the season...drat!!

go PK SUBBAN!

From what I saw the puck was about 60 feet away when he got nailed, there was no need at all for the hit. Even worse is that there was no suspension given out, perhaps because Colin Campbells son plays in Boston?

Oh ya...BTW go NUCKS. Best chance that Canada has of bringing home the cup this year no matter what y'all say!

Had the interference occurred behind the blue line we wouldn't be discussing this... This is more an issue with the where it took place than the act. At least once a game in every level of hockey a player gets beat and decides to take the body resulting in an interference call. Unfourtunatley a giant post metal post happened to be in the way resulting in a tragic injury.

The nhl has made it crystal clear to its officiating staff that upon significant injury resulting from an illegal act a 5 minute major and a game misconduct will be assessed. This allows the league to review the play and make an appropriate decision, they did! Its was fair and just!!!

Now comes the real issue...... why are these glass partitions is place anyways? To protect coaching staff from errant pucks? To segregated irate coaches/players from each other? For Pierre McGuire?

It wasn't so long ago that similar issues were discussed, resulting in a mandatory helmet rule, and arenas now built to spec that allow both boards and glass to flex. In the old Boston Gardens you would never go in the corner (Swedish or not) for fear of being killed between Ray Bourqe or one the the many Norris winning defense man that patrolled the Blue line over the years at the gardens.

I hope the league will review the need for these in nhl arenas and have them removed.

B's cup champs 2011!

Had the interference occurred behind the blue line we wouldn't be discussing this... This is more an issue with the where it took place than the act. At least once a game in every level of hockey a player gets beat and decides to take the body resulting in an interference call. Unfourtunatley a giant post metal post happened to be in the way resulting in a tragic injury.

The nhl has made it crystal clear to its officiating staff that upon significant injury resulting from an illegal act a 5 minute major and a game misconduct will be assessed. This allows the league to review the play and make an appropriate decision, they did! Its was fair and just!!!

Now comes the real issue...... why are these glass partitions is place anyways? To protect coaching staff from errant pucks? To segregated irate coaches/players from each other? For Pierre McGuire?

It wasn't so long ago that similar issues were discussed, resulting in a mandatory helmet rule, and arenas now built to spec that allow both boards and glass to flex. In the old Boston Gardens you would never go in the corner (Swedish or not) for fear of being killed between Ray Bourqe or one the the many Norris winning defense man that patrolled the Blue line over the years at the gardens.

I hope the league will review the need for these in nhl arenas and have them removed.

B's cup champs 2011!

lol, the only thing ray bourque ever hit was the bottle. great dman offensively but certainly not intimidating. Agree that the only thing wrong with the chara hit was where it happened. anywhere else on the ice and its a 2 minute interference penalty and a non issue

lol, the only thing ray bourque ever hit was the bottle. great dman offensively but certainly not intimidating. Agree that the only thing wrong with the chara hit was where it happened. anywhere else on the ice and its a 2 minute interference penalty and a non issue

I agree the only thing wrong with the hit is where it happened. Which makes it a disgusting and violent, criminal hit. That is not an argument in itself for why it shouldn't be disciplined. You all know that serious athletes always know where they are on the playing surface, chara knew exactly where he was, timed it perfectly. You can see him waiting for the perfect moment to deliver that hit. The folks who don't see that aren't being objective. he definitely aimed for that with a specific goal in mind - player into post. Only thing he didn't want to happen was the guys face into the post, body would have been fine. Unfortunately when you take a risk at fast speeds to make a dirty play in a dangerous location, something bad could happen. So I agree, if it was anywhere else on the ice it would have been harmless - but that's the whole point. It happened where it happened, and to pretend like the guys dont know where they are in relation to the rink is a lie. Disgusting...