Fly Fusion Forums

Nz

Din

I made a trip to NZ over the holidays for 5 weeks. The weather proved to be a challenge for most of the trip as it poured rain for most of the time, and I was constantly on the move to stay ahead of it. I was fortunate enough to meet up with Dave and Amelia Jensen quite a bit and they helped me out immensely. The last 1.5 weeks I got the weather I was hoping for the whole time and was able to fish some waters I had wanted to. I caught some nice fish and had a great time.

Here are some pics from my trip.

PC150047.jpg

PC190083.jpg

PC280168.jpg

PC310235.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

P1070299.jpg

P1070296.jpg

Hands up who didn't see this coming...

Hmmmm... it’s gonna be like that, eh? Even though I’m here on the other side of the planet, I still have a computer and internet to go along with a video camera. Let’s see if I can dig out some raw footage of someone fishing a little earlier in our trip here... let’s see how he makes out... what should I title this video??? Ah, I know...

Click here if the movie does not play.

I don’t know if I see the wisdom poking the dude with the video camera. How’s that for pokey thing? <--poke--<

I can’t recall though... did I even get a cast near my fish before it spooked? Some of them were a wee silly, esp those at the top end that the cows watched you work. The coolest spring creek I know of. Haven’t been back since you left either – don’t know why. Amazing bit of water with 6 to 9 pounders every 75m in gin clear water. And the effort getting to that bit of water was a little over the top. 300mm of rain on Sunday here out west... or 130kmh winds and dry out east. Pick your poison.

Haha - too funny Dave.

You were being very generous that day and did let me have a go...too bad you forgot to teach me how to cast that day! It was a little over the top to get to, but it sure was a fun day.

Hopefully you guys can sneak in a few more fish before you make the trip back to AB.

Hands up who didn't see this coming...

Hmmmm... it’s gonna be like that, eh? Even though I’m here on the other side of the planet, I still have a computer and internet to go along with a video camera. Let’s see if I can dig out some raw footage of someone fishing a little earlier in our trip here... let’s see how he makes out... what should I title this video??? Ah, I know...

Click here if the movie does not play.

I don’t know if I see the wisdom poking the dude with the video camera. How’s that for pokey thing? <--poke--<

I can’t recall though... did I even get a cast near my fish before it spooked? Some of them were a wee silly, esp those at the top end that the cows watched you work. The coolest spring creek I know of. Haven’t been back since you left either – don’t know why. Amazing bit of water with 6 to 9 pounders every 75m in gin clear water. And the effort getting to that bit of water was a little over the top. 300mm of rain on Sunday here out west... or 130kmh winds and dry out east. Pick your poison.

The fish spooked soon after Mitch got snagged. As you could tell from the vid it was a little put off by the line hanging in the grasses, moving somewhat sideways. Actually, I have a better vid with Mitch that shows the 'that's mine', and it is an amazing thing. But you'll have to wait for that one.

Mitch, you should tell them about my self beaching brown in that other wee stream. There are only 2 fish from this whole trip I wished could have been on vid. That was one.

Only 3 days left on this 3 month trip. We're headed out now.

Cheers.