Fly Fusion Forums

Rabbits

Does anyone know any tricks (minus the .22) to deter rabbits. My community is quickly becoming over ran with them. Over the past few years they've really enjoyed the flower smorgus board my wife plants for them. But now there eating my grass, CHEWING IT RIGHT TO THE ROOTS. I have a bunch of beautiful patches on my lawn thanks to them.

Its becoming an issue in many communities and towns. I have tried all levels of governing bodies and mp's and all have the same opinion.......not their problem. The county office was sure upset with me when I suggested I would be dropping off all the rabbits I trapped at the office so it's no longer my problem. I am speaking of European domestic rabbits of course...not our indigenous long-legged rats. Trapping and humane disposal has been my only option and its a losing battle out here in good 'ole Shaughnessy.

I truly love having my yard raped by a bunch of inbred pets that were released by some irresponsible individual.

Its becoming an issue in many communities and towns. I have tried all levels of governing bodies and mp's and all have the same opinion.......not their problem. The county office was sure upset with me when I suggested I would be dropping off all the rabbits I trapped at the office so it's no longer my problem. I am speaking of European domestic rabbits of course...not our indigenous long-legged rats. Trapping and humane disposal has been my only option and its a losing battle out here in good 'ole Shaughnessy.

I truly love having my yard raped by a bunch of inbred pets that were released by some irresponsible individual.

It's probally there inbreed offspring hopping into Evergreen. hahaha

Unfortunately thats a different clan of rabbits as I'm in the Shaughnessy down by Picture Butte.

I wish you luck John, but rabbits are viewed as cute and cuddly, so most people become quite delusional with respect to control measures. Soon as people let their emotions fly then you have even more difficulty dealing with them. They have no listing as a pest either so they are pretty much free to destroy your property. If you can find out who released them they might get a slap on the wrist, and they are liable for the neglect of the animals with respect to proper food and shelter requirements.

No law against using a pellet rifle as long you follow the gun laws and it doesn't excede the specified feet per second.....unless Calgary has a bylaw maybe. Now a noise dampener on a .22 short is worth investing some research into....... :rolleyes:

Now a noise dampener on a .22 short is worth investing some research into....... :rolleyes:

From experience, just shoot from within the house. A couch cushion, a stable surface, an open window about 5 feet away, and a clear line of fire equals very little muzzle blast heard outside the house.

No law against using a pellet rifle as long you follow the gun laws and it doesn't excede the specified feet per second.....unless Calgary has a bylaw maybe. Now a noise dampener on a .22 short is worth investing some research into....... :rolleyes:

I considered sub sonic's !!!! I'm pretty sure they do have by-laws in place though. I should just pulling out the bow... I can just see it now, arrow skips and lodges in grumpy neighbors house, dead Jonny!

I considered sub sonic's !!!! I'm pretty sure they do have by-laws in place though. I should just pulling out the bow... I can just see it now, arrow skips and lodges in grumpy neighbors house, dead Jonny!

I believe archery is prohibited within city limits.......but I have never seen a law against atlatl's

From experience, just shoot from within the house. A couch cushion, a stable surface, an open window about 5 feet away, and a clear line of fire equals very little muzzle blast heard outside the house.

I know I could settle the 10/22 perfectly on the crib and swivel for a solid 120 deg.

Well

I've heard of spraying them with pepper spray. Apparently they take off like a, well.........scared rabbit. It's kinda cruel because rabbits have no eyelids.

If vinegar doesn't work, use sugar. We put all our refuse vegetables beneath a tree in our front lawn. Something is eating them and so far nothing has touched our flowers and berries.

I saw something unique in the Okanagan last year. People were playing recordings of raptors to keep away the sparrows. Might work.

Do you like Hasenpfeffer? Remember Bugs Bunny cartoons? Cheers.

Run away!!!!!!!!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Click here if the movie does not play.

Try buying some blood meal, put about 1/3 of a soup can full and bury in your garden with the lip of the can just above the dirt and add a small amount of water to moisten the meal. Bury a few around your flower bed perimeter and re-fill as necessary over the summer.

FHD

Agreed.

Blood meal works extremely well.

Run away!!!!!!!!

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Click here if the movie does not play.

I guess my problem isn't quite that bad. But I think I will try that blood meal. Where can a guy get it?