Fly Fusion Forums

Referee's Screw America

I could have freakin' predicted it. Those damn cheatin' international ref's hate the US and called the game so that the Canadians would win, again. How hard was it to figure out that they would stop calling penalties against the Americans in the third so as to limit their shorthanded chances and start calling them against Canada to give the red horde their shorthanded chances. Cheating bastards.

Eh-Oh-Canada----shove it up your ass.

Great damn game. Wish we would win one of the freaking things every once in awhile. $10 says we loose to the effin Fins. I hate hockey.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha ya those shorties were getting stupid.

Great game to watch. So much energy and heart from both teams. The Americans impressed me with there composure throughout the game. A best of 7 would be awesome to watch unfold.

Anyways would be a dramatic gold medal game if both teams make it... here's hoping

The US was faster, picked up a way more loose pucks and had more quality chances. I think Canada set a record for the number of give aways in an important game. We were lucky to come away with a win. Canada didn't start to push until the last half of the third period. I hope the US loses so we don't see them again.

Guest Sundancefisher
The US was faster, picked up a way more loose pucks and had more quality chances. I think Canada set a record for the number of give aways in an important game. We were lucky to come away with a win. Canada didn't start to push until the last half of the third period. I hope the US loses so we don't see them again.

At least watching hockey is better than baseball...

The problem with beating the red horde is they don't think they can loose. And any team that gets a late lead on them seems to go into a bit of a shell and prays they don't come back instead of keeping up the pressure. When you combine the talent pool they have with the unreal confidence, it makes them very tough. Think Tiger in the Tiger Slam days. No way to beat him, had to wait for him to beat himself.

Maybe we should play you in football instead. Or baseball. Or basketball. Or soccer. Us looser yanks need to feel better about ourselves.

That game was sick! It was funny to switch between that game and the flames it was like going from hockey to figure skating.I guess there was less at steak for the Flames Both were great games it was a great night of hockey hope everyone had a great new year.

Maybe we should play you in football instead. Or baseball. Or basketball. Or soccer. Us looser yanks need to feel better about ourselves.

Back in the early 90's a friend of mine played for the U of C Dinos football team the year they went to the Vanier Cup but lost. Afterwards, they were invited by a Division II or III school (I think it was in Montana or Washington) to play an exhibition game. They played one half using American rules and half using Canadian rules, though on an American size field. They got routed. My friend said the linebackers were faster than their best wideouts.

Nice Avatar there Marc. How bout them Badgers?

My son played HS Football here for Bishop O'Byrne. They had a pretty good team and lost in the Div 1 finals to Notre Dame. Good football, and fun to watch. But no comparison to HS football in Texas. Reason is almost all of your best athletes are living somewhere else playing junior hockey. All our best athletes were playing football for their home town school.

That game was sick! It was funny to switch between that game and the flames it was like going from hockey to figure skating.I guess there was less at steak for the Flames Both were great games it was a great night of hockey hope everyone had a great new year.

Yeah, it was like switching between a gold medal game & a funeral; only switched a couple times before it stayed on the junior game.

Such great atmosphere @ the juniors. Fun to watch!

I could have freakin' predicted it. Those damn cheatin' international ref's hate the US and called the game so that the Canadians would win, again. How hard was it to figure out that they would stop calling penalties against the Americans in the third so as to limit their shorthanded chances and start calling them against Canada to give the red horde their shorthanded chances. Cheating bastards.

Eh-Oh-Canada----shove it up your ass.

Great damn game. Wish we would win one of the freaking things every once in awhile. $10 says we loose to the effin Fins. I hate hockey.

Rick your starting to sound like a losing flames fan ;)

Yeah, it was like switching between a gold medal game & a funeral; only switched a couple times before it stayed on the junior game.

Such great atmosphere @ the juniors. Fun to watch!

That's a good way to sum it up. It was like night and day between those two games.

Nice Avatar there Marc. How bout them Badgers?

C'est la vie ;) I've been a Canes fan since the Jimmy Johnson days, so I'm used to the ups and downs. I'm just happy they beat FSU this year since it's Bowden's swan song. Now if West Virginia beats them today I'll feel a whole lot better.

The problem with beating the red horde is they don't think they can loose. And any team that gets a late lead on them seems to go into a bit of a shell and prays they don't come back instead of keeping up the pressure. When you combine the talent pool they have with the unreal confidence, it makes them very tough. Think Tiger in the Tiger Slam days. No way to beat him, had to wait for him to beat himself.

Regarding the football game, 3 downs or 4 ...?

What was the score again?

Oh ya; the US of A lost.

Try to do any analysis you want the score says it all...

But it was all because the refs screwed the USA. Ha Ha Ha.. So typical.

Rick often uses this thing called humor..

If you do some digging in the Flames thread.. you should soon find out why he said what he did. ;)

LOVE my Canadian Juniors, but........

Screw the BS comment about the ref's, that is just plain sour grapes!!! The USA did a great job, played one hell of a game, and played better than I have seen a US team play in MANY years.

They were faster during the whole game, you could tell they really wanted this game.

Maybe they should have won, maybe not, but to blame the ref's, typical of a losing Fan, Canadians would say the same thing if we had lost!

Rick

What was the score again?

Oh ya; the US of A lost.

Try to do any analysis you want the score says it all...

But it was all because the refs screwed the USA. Ha Ha Ha.. So typical.

Dude, thanks so much for the laugh. I don't even know how to respond. Uhhh, it was a joke? See, if the refs really were trying to screw the US, don't you think they really would have called penalties against the US? To explain, I was using this thing called "irony" (you can look it up in a dictionary if you like. While you are at it, how about you look up "obtuse") while also making a tongue in cheek reference to the proclivity (Click here for definition of Proclivity) of a board member (who is a friend of mine) to dwell on a NHL referee conspiracy theory.

So to be clear, I enjoyed the hockey game, though I wish my home country would have won. I think the Canadians are very, very good. I don't think the refs screwed anybody. Sorry I did not make that more clear. All hail Canada. While I'm at it, all hail Literal Canadians. They make the internet so much more fun.

LOVE my Canadian Juniors, but........

Screw the BS comment about the ref's, that is just plain sour grapes!!! The USA did a great job, played one hell of a game, and played better than I have seen a US team play in MANY years.

They were faster during the whole game, you could tell they really wanted this game.

Maybe they should have won, maybe not, but to blame the ref's, typical of a losing Fan, Canadians would say the same thing if we had lost!

Rick

Good Lord!!!!!! IT WAS A JOKE!!!! Is it really that hard to figure it out. Do I actually need to use the sarcasm emoticon when the sarcasm is really that obvious.

Rick often uses this thing called humor..

If you do some digging in the Flames thread.. you should soon find out why he said what he did. ;)

Good Lord!!!!!! IT WAS A JOKE!!!! Is it really that hard to figure it out. Do I actually need to use the sarcasm emoticon when the sarcasm is really that obvious.

Humour or not; I read what I read and I am running with it..

Good try though, really.