Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying?

headscan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found the camera. Here's my latest tie, leeches.

leech.jpg

Nice one Jordo. What are the components of this fly? It looks about like something that Sheridan Lake BC flyfishers would do very well with for those monster rainbow there.

Nice one Jordo. What are the components of this fly? It looks about like something that Sheridan Lake BC flyfishers would do very well with for those monster rainbow there.

The tail is a combination black marabou and red/black leech hair. The body is a red black synthetic leech dubbing (cannot remember who makes it). Wing is a black strip of rabbit fur tied Zonker style with a red wire rib. Finally a red saddle hackle and a cone head complete the deal.

Dejan,

Aswome ties there and they will work on the bow for sure, keep up the good work, welcome to the boards and feel free to ask any ting questions you may have, lots of very good tiers on this forum that will be able to answer any of your questions.

I'm spinin' a few simple salmon flies, tryin' to get the proportion right before moving on to some others...................why I always start with the last flies I'll use is beyound me.

A couple silver tips & green butts....................I like the claret/gold combo.................gonna try this for the first time this year

dsc05946.jpg

nice barnes!!!!!!! and i agree with ya! bin tying more tubes in a variety of speys, dees hair or feather wing etc.... mostly one offs and a bunch of the ones i really like! but never hooked steel on!!!!!! itll work!!!!!!!!! just love tyin em eh!

As I continue to tie..Leeches seem to still be with me, trying out new material, here are a couple, tied differently..

qoym8i.jpg

25s2zwh.jpg

But then came my "Pink Condoms".........and so , this is what I've been making..

293j2bb.jpg

2rgmmbr.jpg

I think a recipe for those worms is needed, Awsome ties Thanks for showing