Fly Fusion Forums

Thanks Grandpa

Jayhad

So I wasn't going to post pics to much anymore as there are some real a-holes here that like to talk *hit about having fun. Then this morning I got a call from my sister in BC, with news that my grandfather passed away this morning.

In 84 he took me to his favorite lake for 3 weeks and taught me the hows and whys of fishing. I had fished with my dad a lot before this but he would just give me the rod all ready to go. My grandfather explained it and taught me the true love of the trout. It was that memory that reminded me why i love to fish and why i like to show the fish me and my friends catch because others have that love of the trout also. When I can't fish I love seeing fish pics, I know many of you feel the same.

98 years old and he was out on the water just a month ago.

So some of you can PM me saying I am stroking my ego AGAIN but these pics are for my Papa.

IMGP3572.jpg

my bro got to come out last month and he got into his first Brown

IMGP3576.jpg

IMGP3583.jpg

IMGP3594.jpg

Max caught a way bigger brown in this spot a while back and I love the pic so I had to steal it once I had the opportunity

IMGP3661.jpg

Sorry to hear about your grandpa Jay. Some of my fondest fishing memories are the many trips I took with my family. Pretty much every weekend we where fishing some where in Alberta and my grandma use to out fish all of us.

Totally awesome photos bro. Don't let people scare you off posting most of us see it as sharing our love of fishing. For those that see it as ego stroking are just jealous pinheads. I really don't get it, now don't get me wrong, I like being a part of this forum and sharing trips and great trout with others. Seriously if it wasn't for photo posts I wouldn't be coming here, because this is the last place on my list when I want to learn something about fly fishing.

Guest girlsfishtoo

Jay so sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandfather. Awesome pics! A wonderful tribute to your Papa!! Thanks for sharing.

Don't mind the a-holes, there are lots of us that enjoy sharing our own photos and seeing other people's photos of fishing trips. I look at the photo posts every time I am on here and it makes me happy to see others that enjoy sharing their love of fishing.

Hi Jay,

Sorry to hear the news about your grandpa, sounds like he was a great man who had a good life.

Great photos, some very nice fish. Like others have said, don't let people scare you off of posting photos. I always look forward to seeing them, you guys catch some amazing fish!

Lance

Sorry for your loss fellow trout lover. I rarely post anything, and I'm sorry for that too, but I very often live vicariously through your pics and all the other great folks that post pics. So keep them coming!!!!! and remember, every time you rig up your rod, just look up and wink.

Troutguy

God damn it jay stoking your ego again, lol (incase people jump to conclusions me and Jay are fishin buddies and I am bustin his chops, he knows what I am talking about)

Anyways I can releate to you Jay, I spent many days with my grandfather with a pole in our hands, even though we were tossin bait back in the early 80's I have many fond memories of him and when we lost him three years ago on my birthday it hit me really hard, and still does to this day, all I can say is remeber the good times and don;t let them go, and when you get back we'll have to go out and slamin some trout and take many many many ego photo's.

Jay, that's shitty news about your grandpa man. I lost my baba earlier this year after my grandpa seven years ago.

Great pics and a great tribute to no doubt was a great man.

Brad.....uhhhh......you may want to rephrase the whole "....spent many days with my grandfather with a pole in our hands....." I'm just sayin'.....

<--poke--<

So I wasn't going to post pics to much anymore as there are some real a-holes here that like to talk *hit about having fun. Then this morning I got a call from my sister in BC, with news that my grandfather passed away this morning.

In 84 he took me to his favorite lake for 3 weeks and taught me the hows and whys of fishing. I had fished with my dad a lot before this but he would just give me the rod all ready to go. My grandfather explained it and taught me the true love of the trout. It was that memory that reminded me why i love to fish and why i like to show the fish me and my friends catch because others have that love of the trout also. When I can't fish I love seeing fish pics, I know many of you feel the same.

98 years old and he was out on the water just a month ago.

So some of you can PM me saying I am stroking my ego AGAIN but these pics are for my Papa.

IMGP3572.jpg

my bro got to come out last month and he got into his first Brown

IMGP3576.jpg

IMGP3583.jpg

IMGP3594.jpg

Max caught a way bigger brown in this spot a while back and I love the pic so I had to steal it once I had the opportunity

IMGP3661.jpg

Thanks for sharing your photos..

Sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Also, there's always going to be people out there wanting to say whatever about whatever. I to enjoy everyones photos and remarks. please keep them coming in.

FFW.