Fly Fusion Forums

Sanjuanworm Featured In The Fall Issue Of Fly Fusion

Our very own SanJuanWorm features his artistic fly tying in the Fall issue of Fly Fusion. On stands September 1st.

Nice work Dave!

Cheers!

Chris

Darn,

I thought he was gonna be the Centrefold. :lol:

I thought he was gonna be the Centrefold.

I assure you..............no one wants to see that.

Looks awesome Chris. Thanks for the opportunity. This gives me inspiration to get back on the vise. Now that the weather is cooler too it'll be easier.

When I get back from holidays, i'm gonna tie a special fly up.

Well Done Dave. Feels good doesn't it?

It's been a long time since I had anything in print, so I'm a little jealous, but happy for you.

September 1st is too far away. I wish Fusion came out every two weeks. It's damn hard to find good reading material on the magazine racks these days.

That's some kinda art Dave - very pretty. As someone who is married to a fly tier, I'll admit that I just don't get the whole thing. I could never, ever have the patience to sit there for hours on end only to tie something that might want up launched in a tree. It's clear you gotta have a passion for it.

P.S. Dave - That fly goes well with my eyes. Can I have it? :lol:

Lynn, for you? Anything.

Here is a bigger photo. Lynn the shipping on this framed fly comes to 150 bucks. But i'll give you the fly for free.

Combined i'd say this was about 6 hours or so to finish. The most work goes into creating a smooth tapered body. Each layer of thread and floss is added and then polished with a stone.

d708.jpg