Fly Fusion Forums

2009 Bow River Clean-up

I have been asked by a few people if the Bow River Clean up (BRCU) is going ahead again this year? I think it only makes sense as last year was a sucess in my mind with sponsor support, attendance and total garbage removed from the river. I was thinking that probably the best time would be just after the spring run off, early to mid July.

How much interest would there be this year, please post some feedback and suggestions from last year on how to improve the event, and identify sections of the river that need attention.

Below are a few pics from last years BRCU.

Matt

post-2434-1241749407.jpg

I'd be up for another cleanup this year. Maybe we could convince Bass Pro to kick in a donation this year. Just as a SIDE note, the hook and hackle club did a cleanup last weekend from policeman's upstream to the bridge as well as downstream. We didn't get a huge amount of garbage but still managed 15 or 20 bags. I had heard that another group did a cleanup within the city limits on the same day. Because of these two cleanups, I wonder if maybe later in the year might make more sense?

Murray

The one last weekend seemed pretty big. A bunch of small groups got together. I heard good stories from last year and would totally be in and willing to donate a case of homemade wine (don't worry, I studied under the tutelage of someone who has 10 years under his belt as a winemaker:))

I agree that its a good idea to take inventory of what's been cleaned up already and tackle what needs to be done after runoff.

Yeah they were asked!!

On another note... "The Friends of Fish Creek" do one after run off in the summer, but it's only within Fish Creek (obviously).

P

I'm in.

And I don't think anyone asked FishTales last year.

I think a post-runoff clean-up would be a good idea, as there will be lots of junk and debris left on the banks after the water levels come down. Cleaning up after that would allow us to enjoy some reasonably clean river banks for the summer and fall. :)

I'll be there again this year along with my daughter (in the picture above kneeling next to the Hungarian Vizsla). We both had a good time, and she loved playing with all the dogs that came out.

Russ C

The fall was nice but unfortunatly the ice flows make things alittle tough when you go out in the spring and there is a whole new pile of junk covering the banks. I think the best time is going to be just after mountian runoff in a few months. I will begin to approch sponsors this Monday.

Cheers

Matt