Fly Fusion Forums

Spring Fishing

Bandi

I dont think images need to be removed from a post that clearly states "all fish were to be taken" in it, meaning they were kept. Nice pics of whats left. :)

What more I can say! Dude, you are taking it too far... these were stockies to be taken. Also, you are a _coward_ complaining to moderator and not sending a PM to figure out what is behind the story. Nevermind, it is your loss and I will think it over twice to post pictures here.

BTW, here is a link for those who wish to see some more photos: http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/s...mview=slideshow

What more I can say! Dude, you are taking it too far... these were stockies to be taken. Also, you are a _coward_ complaining to moderator and not sending a PM to figure out what is behind the story. Nevermind, it is your loss and I will think it over twice to post pictures here.

BTW, here is a link for those who wish to see some more photos: http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/s...mview=slideshow

Bandee; I think HS is defending you rather than trying to offend you, I thought the very same thing when I seen your posts were removed, I seen no problem with pics of legally harvested fish being posted..but some people will see a problem..that why the rules are the way they are, to avoid conflict. Thanks for the post, great pics.

I was defending you, but thanks for jumping all over me and accusing me. Much appreciated.

HG, I understood what you said and was not accusing you but the guy who complained to the moderator! I quoted you as you agreed that "dry photos" of fish to be harvested is OK. Sorry if my reply was ambiguous.

Bandee.. it was me who used the "report" button, and I have no problem owning up to it. I personally don't take offense to many pictures.. but I know that lots of others do.. so I always "report" them as soon as possible to avoid the inevitable flame war..

In this case, I did not notice the "and to be taken" part of the post.. so I do apologize for that.

HG, I understood what you said and was not accusing you but the guy who complained to the moderator! I quoted you as you agreed that "dry photos" of fish to be harvested is OK. Sorry if my reply was ambiguous.

haha, sorry mate. Looks like our lines got crossed then were both fighting the same fish here :)

in the area your fishing, is it actually unlawfull to release the fish? I know some of my european clients fish in places where you cannot (by law) release what you catch and you MUST keep it... and your done the days fishing when you limit out.

Bandee.. it was me who used the "report" button, and I have no problem owning up to it. I personally don't take offense to many pictures.. but I know that lots of others do.. so I always "report" them as soon as possible to avoid the inevitable flame war..

In this case, I did not notice the "and to be taken" part of the post.. so I do apologize for that.

Birchy, fortunately I have not got into a flame war due to fish photos... but I get your intention... so you're forgiven ;) In the future I guess, I am better off posting the link to the photo album.

haha, sorry mate. Looks like our lines got crossed then were both fighting the same fish here :)

in the area your fishing, is it actually unlawfull to release the fish? I know some of my european clients fish in places where you cannot (by law) release what you catch and you MUST keep it... and your done the days fishing when you limit out.

Yep, it looks we really get it mixed... I am happy no hard feelings.

In this river, we could actually release trouts... but no one does this, as rainbows are not resident fish here... they are planted for the fun and satisfying meat hungry fishermen... however brown trouts are almost always released and protected by law up to 40-50 cm (depending on the fishing community).

Yes, HS, in some waters in the EU, once you landed a fish you have to take her... and then usually you pay a "fee" by the kilo! :)

Bandee, I dont often reply to photo post, I just like to view them. I really enjoyed your pictures. The colour on the little Brown trout was beautifull, and I really liked the shot of the red building through the trees. The river looks like a great fishing stream. Keep posting pictures, I enjoyed them.

Murray

Thanks for posting Bandee.

Personally I'm getting pretty fed up with the un-offical board police here. Seems often when a new poster comes on the board some loud mouth with an attitude slams the door on them.

:boomboom:

Thanks guys for replies. Yes, it is disturbing every time I get this reaction... for me it only means I post less photos here.

However, I will not leave this forum that easily, as I find it GREAT! :) Loads of interesting topics, questions, and useful replies.

Great pics Keep posting, Andras if your ever out this way let me know we'll hit the crow again.

Thanks Teck! Surely, I will contact you when I make back to Calgary... That river is awesome! I think I spent as much time taking photographs as fishing. :)