Fly Fusion Forums

Customer Service, Warranties And The Internet

I'm just rambling here but I would just like say that the convenience of the internet has made customer service so unbelievable. I have had so much success in customer service regarding any problems that I have had with a lot of items. I have received courteous and prompt service from quite a few manufacturers.

Specifically:

Redington/Sage- replaced waders

Abel- Replaced reel cage

Eureka Tents- replaced pole

Coleman- replaced campstove

- replaced cooler latch

G Loomis-replaced rod case

Thanks to you all!! You're awesome!!

MrBotangles:

Thanks for that; that definitely is not mere "rambling". It really is helpful to hear of good customer experiences.

I'll add:

Orvis - have replaced the same rod 3 times, though it can take up to 12 weeks. When my Rocky Mountain was no longer in production, they replaced it with a Trident. Impressive.

Mike

Also kudos to:

Redington (replaced my CPS twice - soon to be 3 times after I broke various section, guides, etc).

Patagonia - a variety of items for repair or replacement (no questions asked)!

MEC - a variety of items for repair or replacement (no questions asked)!

I just recently had a great experience myself, I purchased this saw 15 years ago. I use it A LOT when fishing/camping/hunting ect. I noticed the blade wasn't fitting so well so I contacted them asking for a blade replacement. They told me that model of saw was defective and they would be happy to send me the new current model at no charge, no shipping.

Here is the new one I recieved http://www.trailblazerproducts.com/product...showcase/?id=27 ... virtually identical to the original.

http://www.trailblazerproducts.com/

I just recently had a great experience myself, I purchased this saw 15 years ago. I use it A LOT when fishing/camping/hunting ect. I noticed the blade wasn't fitting so well so I contacted them asking for a blade replacement. They told me that model of saw was defective and they would be happy to send me the new current model at no charge, no shipping.

Here is the new one I recieved http://www.trailblazerproducts.com/product...showcase/?id=27 ... virtually identical to the original.

http://www.trailblazerproducts.com/

That looks like a hell of a saw. Have you seen them anywhere around Calgary for sale?

While we are speaking of good customer service, here is my best story:

I bought a set of Bose 901 speakers in 1981 from a friend. In 1996 I move to Houston. On hooking the speakers up in Houston I noticed a buzzing noise and I figured they had been damaged by the move. I sent them into a repair center, and the guy called me back and said that no, it was a problem with the insulation material that Bose had used in the early 80s that started to fail after many years of use. Bose replaced the speakers with the latest version for like $400 if memory serves. I think the price of new ones at the time was in the $1500 range.

Still have them.

I found my Ex Wife online but when I tried to return her it cost me tens of thousands and I had a bitch of a time stuffing her back into the crate she came in. FREAKING INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!

Also funny how you use the words bitch, wife, return in the same context!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my rod back from Redington (sent in my CPS with a broken guide) and they replaced it with the new model the CPX!!!

Great warrentee!

Cheers,

P

Also kudos to:

Redington (replaced my CPS twice - soon to be 3 times after I broke various section, guides, etc).

Patagonia - a variety of items for repair or replacement (no questions asked)!

MEC - a variety of items for repair or replacement (no questions asked)!

I'm just rambling here but I would just like say that the convenience of the internet has made customer service so unbelievable. I have had so much success in customer service regarding any problems that I have had with a lot of items. I have received courteous and prompt service from quite a few manufacturers.

Specifically:

Redington/Sage- replaced waders

Abel- Replaced reel cage

Eureka Tents- replaced pole

Coleman- replaced campstove

- replaced cooler latch

G Loomis-replaced rod case

Thanks to you all!! You're awesome!!

Sounds like you're really hard on your kit.

Regarding Sage, does anyone know what their turn around time is. I have one of their 2500 series reels and something seems to be wrong with the bearing, the spool wiggles on the reel and feels like it's going to wear out and fall off sometime soon. I'm wondering if they would even charge me the 40 dollar surcharge because it's a manufacturing problem and not related to misuse.

Guest rickleblanc

chiasson, my professional experience with Sage warranty inclines me to tell you, expect to pay the fee, and don't hold your breath. Maybe you'll be the exception that proves the rule, but usually Sage has one of the slowest return times. I've seen people wait almost a year.

Rick

Seeing that Sage and Redington are now the same company (and same warrantee ,distribution centre, etc.), maybe it's improved as the turn arond time. For my Redington was only a few weeks (but it was sent from just across the boarder - only $6 to send it, as opposed to $20+ up here!!)

P

chiasson, my professional experience with Sage warranty inclines me to tell you, expect to pay the fee, and don't hold your breath. Maybe you'll be the exception that proves the rule, but usually Sage has one of the slowest return times. I've seen people wait almost a year.

Rick

Sounds like you're really hard on your kit.

Waders - "delaminated" Quality issue!

Stove- The burner wouldn't go to low

Cooler- I used my cooler (Stainless steel model) for a "suitcase" for a trip to Costa Rica and it broke in

transit

Abel Reel- A groove was worn in the line guard. Bad stripping technique!!

G Loomis- The rod tubes cordura cover detached at the screw lid. I figured that a $650 rod should have a

better case!

Eureka Tent- A wind squall blew over my tent and broke the aluminium pole

I may be hard on my gear but it is used a lot. Last year alone I camped/fished 43 days. It is good to know that these manufacturers stand by their products and warranties!

Regarding Sage, does anyone know what their turn around time is. I have one of their 2500 series reels and something seems to be wrong with the bearing, the spool wiggles on the reel and feels like it's going to wear out and fall off sometime soon. I'm wondering if they would even charge me the 40 dollar surcharge because it's a manufacturing problem and not related to misuse.

I lost a spring on a Sage 3500D changing the retrieve, spoke to the guys at Sage's warranty department, and they mailed me out a set of new springs. I had them within a few days, and it didn't cost me a thing. The service was excellent! Hopefully you have a similar experience with your 2500.

My Korker's blew apart on me yesterday... the metal lace (with the knob that tighten them and pops to loosen them) ... the metal lace was broken.... how the heck does that happen? sure the boots are 2 years old and have seen about 50 days fishing, but come ON the metal LACE came apart. I hope they stand behind their product :)

My Korker's blew apart on me yesterday... the metal lace (with the knob that tighten them and pops to loosen them) ... the metal lace was broken.... how the heck does that happen? sure the boots are 2 years old and have seen about 50 days fishing, but come ON the metal LACE came apart. I hope they stand behind their product :)

Let me know how you do with Korkers Hawstappah. Mine exploded on the weekend as well. The top metal grommet came loose and as I tightened the laces they sawed through the top hole. Have had them only a year or so. I'm an hour away from the shop I got them from.