Fly Fusion Forums

You're And Your

I'm not sure why it's so difficult for people to get it right. So here is a little help with YOUR english.

You're is short for "You are:"

"You're the best."

Your is a possessive:

"Your eyes are like deep buckets of molasses.".

Now take these tools with you in the real life.

Grammar Police.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD.

FINALLY somebody is willing to raise the taboo subject of grammar!!! And this is one of my biggest pet grammar peeves of all time!!!!

If I get one more email from a supposedly "educated" adult who writes "hope your doing well", I'm gonna go grammatically insane.

Thanks Dave....my day is a better one because of you're post.

Yeah, please add "alot" to the list as well!! It's two words, not one!! "A" & "lot"!! <--poke--< <--poke--<

I'm not sure why its so difficult for people to get it right. So here is a little help with YOUR english.

"You're the best."

Your is a possessive:

Grammar Police.

While your at it you grammar police, houz about dealing with incidence versus incidents, and number versus amount etc. etc.

Hey, moderator BBT, you gonna be able to keep on top of all this stuff? Terry

While your at it you grammar police, houz about dealing with incidence versus incidents, and number versus amount etc. etc.

Hey, moderator BBT, you gonna be able to keep on top of all this stuff? Terry

No one said anything about Grammer when I signed up 774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.g

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Click here if the movie does not play.

OH MY GOD.

FINALLY somebody is willing to raise the taboo subject of grammar!!! And this is one of my biggest pet grammar peeves of all time!!!!

If I get one more email from a supposedly "educated" adult who writes "hope your doing well", I'm gonna go grammatically insane.

Thanks Dave....my day is a better one because of you're post.

I sure hope that was intentional........lol

:angel:smail:

Guest rickleblanc

Hey SJW, if you're the Grammar Police, why don't you go back and correct the mistakes in your first post on this thread?

Also, you point out that "YOUR" is possessive, but are you sure it's not perfect possessive? And could you please explain the difference between possessive and perfect possessive for us poor laymen?

All in good fun.

Rick

I think your bang on the money. Theirs nothin worse than some A-hole screwin with the queens english too piss me off. People need two smarten up in fli write...

ya its also been noted that engish is the most simple and yet complicated language on the planet. There(their) are too many words that sound the same yet have to many opposite meaning. Like you said TWO,TO.TOO.Hey how many words in FF are the same single and spey. Not close. Think we should make our own universal language and have one word BAW!

I'm not sure why it's so difficult for people to get it right. So here is a little help with YOUR english.

"You're the best."

Your is a possessive:

Grammar Police.

who dudes n dudettes di is da internet n we can do wutteva we want wit our wurds if yall dont dig it dats otay wit me! juss peep mah pics!!!!!