Fly Fusion Forums

You're And Your

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max;

In case you do not know it..You are almost unable to speak english..You might think it is cool. but you come across as a poor, dumb, almost unemployable BUMB..Hope you are enjoying your moment in the sun, Can't wait to see what you become as you age, trout bumb, welder, street person. Whatever...Guide?? ..Please....Grow Up..But of course, this post will not be allowed..

hell i will approve your post

awsome dude!!!!!! glad too see u havnt fished in a while but keep trollin ova heeeeeeeeeeeeeere! and when are you taking me fishin... few years back u talked a big game.. saying this n that we jstu gotta get out fishin and settle oru differences.. what gives?????

Max;

In case you do not know it..You are almost unable to speak english..You might think it is cool. but you come across as a poor, dumb, almost unemployable BUMB..Hope you are enjoying your moment in the sun, Can't wait to see what you become as you age, trout bumb, welder, street person. Whatever...Guide?? ..Please....Grow Up..But of course, this post will not be allowed..

It's bum, not bumb. If you're going to rag on someone for their spelling and grammar at least try to get yours right when you do it.

Max;

Why so harsh? The man know his stuff and there is nothing wrong with being a guide. I've been thinking of it myself after I retire...

If tis site tis gunna b monitrerd fer grammer...Id mide as well shutter down...I played AAA hockey all my young life anded was never in school....Id hopes yas wood all understanded what im saing...But I realy like to fishes...so pleas go easy on mees...

Cheers...Jeff..

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your all gonna get out there and get you're party on in the white stuff today. Its you're last chance to make snowmen....well....propably not....this is Alberta and supposably we'll get a couple of more dumps of snow to welcome spring.

Grammer Police!

I think this is a capitol idea that will have a positive affect on things around here. There should be far less mute points made and everyone will just have to except it. If someone does not believe in the principal of learning the correct use of of words, than for all intensive purposes, I could care less.

Grammer Police!

I think this is a capitol idea that will have a positive affect on things around here. There should be far less mute points made and everyone will just have to except it. If someone does not believe in the principal of learning the correct use of of words, than for all intensive purposes, I could care less.

I had a friend who used to say "for all intensive purposes." I never corrected him, but giggled a little inside every time.

One of my favourites was in a conversation about alternative medicines, one of the participants knew someone with a painful illness. The response was that they should see about getting some "municipal marijuana".

Guest rickleblanc

The most amusing part of all this is that nobody has mentioned grammar once. The difference between "YOUR & YOU'RE" is an issue of diction, not grammar. Same goes for all word choice and spelling. Grammar pertains to sentence structure. Sorry, but maybe an Internet forum is not the right place for an educated person to condescend to "supposedly educated adults".

Let me put it another way; it's better to have people think you're dumb than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Rick

The most amusing part of all this is that nobody has mentioned grammar once. The difference between "YOUR & YOU'RE" is an issue of diction, not grammar. Same goes for all word choice and spelling. Grammar pertains to sentence structure. Sorry, but maybe an Internet forum is not the right place for an educated person to condescend to "supposedly educated adults".

Let me put it another way; it's better to have people think you're dumb than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Rick

Huh? Was the sarcasm not obvious enough?

Rick

Rick, I'm just wondering whether or not you feel like you're a better person now that you've "condescended" and corrected people in a thread that was clearly intended to be humorous? Is your world going to be a better place now?

Max;

What about you James? After posting this, do you feel better about yourself? From what I've read, I understand you're a guide. Most guides I know are very professional, but you seem to be an exception to the rule with your "bring it on" tagline and personal attacks. Do me a favor.. PM me your info so I can make sure to never put a cent in your pocket.

Disclaimer: I don't know Maxwell really.. never been on the water with him.. but I have talked to him a few times. He speaks english perfectly fine.. typing it is a different story.

Guest rickleblanc

Funny thing about sarcasm. Only comes through by tone of voice.

I've been told before that my sense of humour is unusual, but believe it or not, I was just having fun too.

I mean honestly, how many people have even heard of perfect possessive?

Rick