Fly Fusion Forums

Don't Forget To Buy Another Fishing Licence>>>

• 2 weeks later...

Geez, I should have read this first. Just tried to buy a new licence today at Shawnessey Canadiantire and got told i can't buy 1 until march 31 st when the other one expires. I was sure i bought mine last year somewhat before it expired and carried around 2 licences until the 1st one expired.

Does anyone

have the phone # for AlbertaRELM ?

Thanks ,Jay

Geez, I should have read this first. Just tried to buy a new licence today at Shawnessey Canadiantire and got told i can't buy 1 until march 31 st when the other one expires. I was sure i bought mine last year somewhat before it expired and carried around 2 licences until the 1st one expired.

Does anyone

have the phone # for AlbertaRELM ?

Thanks ,Jay

I bought mine before the old one expired last year as well. Unless they changed the regs I don't think they knew what they were talking about.

The phone number is on their site:

For assistance call the RELM Help Desk at 1‑888‑944‑5494 or email drawhunt@ca.ibm.com

I got a new WIN card online because I lost mine in the move to Calgary apparently... I printed off the receipt with all the info on it and they said an actual card is coming in 4 weeks so right around new season starting. I am going to try to buy my license in the store though.

Question about the WIN cards, do you need to carry this with you on the river?? I have only been taking my actual license for awhile now? When the conservation dudes ask for your license do they need to see the WIN as well?

Thanks!

I got a new WIN card online because I lost mine in the move to Calgary apparently... I printed off the receipt with all the info on it and they said an actual card is coming in 4 weeks so right around new season starting. I am going to try to buy my license in the store though.

Question about the WIN cards, do you need to carry this with you on the river?? I have only been taking my actual license for awhile now? When the conservation dudes ask for your license do they need to see the WIN as well?

Thanks!

Good question. There was a thread about this last season.. I'll see if I can find it. One of the board members was approached by a pretty cranky C.O. that insisted they needed to provide their WIN as well as their license.

Quite a few people on here disagree, myself included.

*edit* Here it is:

http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?...;win+card\

Thanks!

No you don't need it on you. Your WIN # will be on your printed license.

Unless you do run into a cranky CO...I have been asked to show my drivers license once along with my fishing license for proof of who I was, so might not hurt to keep something else to identify yourself.

I just was on and had no problem getting my license.

I love the fact I can now get my license online and I can reprint as many copies as I need also it would help the shops out a lot if everyone bought online. I have gone to Hansons at lunch time and seen them try to process a bunch and most peaple did not have there WIN so they had to look those up and it just seemed to be a huge time waster for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got mine online.. man, they should've switched to this system a long time ago! Better late than never I guess...

One question and one complaint..

Question - Are we allowed to cut out the license part with scissors? I.E. - Cut around the grey borders..

Complaint - Unless i'm blind, the new licenses don't have the RAP # printed on them like the old ones did. Although I have the RAP # programmed in my phone, it might be an excuse for others..