Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing Exposition

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went and checked out the Expo today for a couple hours and it was a lot of fun! Definitely liked all the people that were at the booths, all very friendly and knowledgeable about their products. I liked the casting pond in the middle the most though, I think I flailed around with at least 5 different rods lol. It's pretty interesting watching all the people casting and see the range of abilities. Pretty sure I saw a few "Passion of the Christ" people lol The spey casting demo by Brian from the Whistler booth was pretty good as well. Is Brian the Whistler guy on this forum??

I definitely need to save up my money for a spey rod now :) :) :)

the expo has ibn awsome tha past few days, tons of friendly faces for anyone else thinking about going i would stongly recommned it. tons of great toys too check out and always fun demo's with rods lines etc in teh pons and some real knowledgable people aswell giving demos/classes. letfisher brian giving the spey demos in teh whisler booth is "whistler " on the board. hope yall can make it down tommorow and if yall already showed up hope yall enjoyed it!

The Wind Warrior 10', 6wt has been redesigned with machined reel seat and up-sized guides to meet the demand of river and beach fishers, Rob. The new one won't be available to fondle until late February.

j

I also enjoyed the show! Being from the Hat it was nice to have that many suppliers all in one place. Much easier to compare gear and figure out what to use. We are in a sad state for local fly gear. Online is the only way but you have to know what you are looking for. Also, really benefited from some of the presentations as it helps to fine tune your skill and knowlege. I can't wait to try out some different fly patterns .....spring cannot come soon enough.

Good to meet a few of you as well....Pacres mentioned a possible fishing weekend. Sounds like a blast.....I'll bring the spam! Could be trouble though. Anyways, thanks to the crew who put things together. It was well worth the drive.

Mark

It'd be nice to arrange a fins n skins weekend.

You mean a fins and golf ball cleanup on the river where all golf balls are saved till next years show and then drawn for and awarded to some lucky(?) or unlucky winner.

Hey guys....just wanted to say that I want to donate to the local TU, some of the stuff Wright and McGill gave me for winning the casting thing today, however I guess they ship it, so I couldn't let people know at the time, nor see what is included until later.

Thanks

Scott Baker-McGarva

(Whistler fly fishing)

www.anglerworks.com

Hey guys....just wanted to say that I want to donate to the local TU, some of the stuff Wright and McGill gave me for winning the casting thing today, however I guess they ship it, so I couldn't let people know at the time, nor see what is included until later.

Thanks

Scott Baker-McGarva

(Whistler fly fishing)

www.anglerworks.com

Very generous of you Scott. It was good to see you at the show.

It was also great to see everyone that stopped by The Nile Creek Fly Shop booth, hopefully you all got a chance to try out some new sticks. As Courtney and I were loading up the truck last night we were already talking about next year, lots of exciting changes for us. See you all on the river.

Colin

Just want to thank everyone for stopping by the booth on Sunday, had a really good time chatting with a lot of great members. Looks like the show was successful. Great to drift around and see some of the exhibitors. Chatting with Whistlers guys and drooling over Hardy reels etc.

Talking to the public in general, people really enjoyed the show. Lots of young lads and lassies with fly fishing stars in their eyes and dreams of big trout and tying fancy flies. Good for the sport.

On a side note as I was driving to Spruce Meadows over the bow the river was looking like a giant slushie. So the show was a good bet.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i like the tube flys i got into this weekend, they will make some great bull food, suckers.

more "white wizeds" and "jaba the butts" are on the way.

I had a great time got to meet tonnes of people, I got to reconnect with a friend I hadn't seen in a decade. I took Jim McLennan's workshop and cast a bunch of really cool rods. The guys from Whistler helped me find the perfect Skagit line for my spey stick, thanks dudes. So all in all a great weekend, thanks to Fly Fusion for a great weekend and for being so cool, it was great to work your booth.

Jay

Had a great time at the Show as well Jim's Workshop was excellent, and really enjoyed voluteering and meeting a wack load of people.

Thanks to the folks at fly fusion for letting me help, let me know next year and I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Teck

i like the tube flys i got into this weekend, they will make some great bull food, suckers.

more "white wizeds" and "jaba the butts" are on the way.

Hi 420FLYFISHIN

Tube flys are kool but just use single hooks not the trebles like this barstool...I knew that was what you were going to do. Just wanted to make my point a little more graphic...

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo198/AnGriannach/182.jpg

So, it seems like everyone really enjoyed the show, I know I did. I've been to the show every year it has been held. The Fly Fusion group do a great job putting this together and for that I thank you. I know it's a trade show and geared to sell stuff, but I like it for several reasons, some of which have already been spoken about. So what did everybody do except wander around and meet old friends? How many sat in on any of the 2 hour seminars? It's not often a guy like me can listen to the likes of Brian Chan and Phil Rowley. They were both excellant seminars and I feel like I gained some valuable insight on fishing lakes for all manner of fish.

I also couldn't turn down the excellant deal on my brand new Snowbee 12 ft. rod and reel. Why the heck is it too cold out to be learning a new casting style. Toolman, can we move up the next spey clinic? I've got the itch now. If you see an old guy flailing away like a mad man in the comming weeks, stop by and give me some pointers.

Murray

So, it seems like everyone really enjoyed the show, I know I did. I've been to the show every year it has been held. The Fly Fusion group do a great job putting this together and for that I thank you. I know it's a trade show and geared to sell stuff, but I like it for several reasons, some of which have already been spoken about. So what did everybody do except wander around and meet old friends? How many sat in on any of the 2 hour seminars? It's not often a guy like me can listen to the likes of Brian Chan and Phil Rowley. They were both excellant seminars and I feel like I gained some valuable insight on fishing lakes for all manner of fish.

I also couldn't turn down the excellant deal on my brand new Snowbee 12 ft. rod and reel. Why the heck is it too cold out to be learning a new casting style. Toolman, can we move up the next spey clinic? I've got the itch now. If you see an old guy flailing away like a mad man in the comming weeks, stop by and give me some pointers.

Murray

Hey Murray, if you want to get out let me know, I'm sure I can give you a few pointers.

Colin

The show was great, ran into some old friends and made a whole lot of new ones. Thanks for showin me that intruder pattern Max it's killer. Thanks to Fly Fusion for putting on a stellar event and letting me work the booth it was a blast.

Thanks

Scott Baker-McGarva

(Whistler fly fishing)

www.anglerworks.com

welcome aboard scott! happy too have ya here! hope u can share some knowledge when the time comes! u can contact board member "troutunlimited" on teh board via pm if u wish too get some mailing info!