Fly Fusion Forums

Sunday Speycasting

toolman

We'll be hitting the Bow again this Sunday afternoon, Jan/18th, to play with the Spey/Switch rods/lines and work on the casting skillz. We'll be on river left (east side), across from the Fish Creek Boat Launch, starting around 1:00pm. These informal Spey gatherings are a lot of fun and a great opportunity to try lots of different rod/line combo's and meet some of the nice folks in our Spey community...The weather forecast looks good with warm, sunny skies and light winds...

Everyone is welcome to join us...Hope to see you there.

Greg

We'll be hitting the Bow again this Sunday afternoon, Jan/18th, to play with the Spey/Switch rods/lines and work on the casting skillz. We'll be on river left (east side), across from the Fish Creek Boat Launch, starting around 1:00pm. These informal Spey gatherings are a lot of fun and a great opportunity to try lots of different rod/line combo's and meet some of the nice folks in our Spey community...The weather forecast looks good with warm, sunny skies and light winds...

Everyone is welcome to join us...Hope to see you there.

Greg

Keep that nice weather around for the show..

C

It was a blast!! Thanks to all the guys that let me try out their rods and give me some lessons on spey casting. Spey casting is way different than single handing that's for sure... I might have to go get myself a rod :) :) That switch rod was pretty sweet also the TFO one that was all noodly lol

Video edited, looks good :)

Well, I guess that's my You Tube debut...hahahaha... B) In this video I am casting HAMMERTIME08's new spey rod, an Albright GP 15' 10wt. 3-pc., which we lined with an Airflo Compact Skagit (600grains @ 26') and a 14' T-8 sink tip. The running line is #30 Airflo Ridge line and about 35' is going out on the shoot...A great afternoon of Speycasting on the Bow ...

Thanks too all of the regular attendees for helping the newer casters get started...

and too HAMMERTIME08 for the terrific Rod rack...I think we're gonna need a bigger one next time.