Golden trout of Alberta - Check

Steelhead of California - On my way!

Grayling on the Little Smoky, AB

Cutthroat on the Elk River, BC

Salmon & Steel on Vancouver Island, BC

Kamloops trout Lakes, BC

The Blackfoot River, MT

Atlantic Salmon on the Miramichi, NB

I just can't seem to pry myself from the beautiful Brown & Cutthroat waters of Central Alberta! There is never enough time. Right now I am focusing on planning 1 trip at a time. I'll get there...

And I would love to catch a Coelacanth.

That's a new one.. Rarely even heard that mentioned, let alone wanting to catch one. Deep sea fishers have netted what, a handful, in like the last 50 years that have been confirmed.. Interesting.

• 2 years later...

Hey Guys/Gals;

Let's say you had a month or so from mid-Feb. to mid-March to check an item(s) off your bucket list. Where would you love to go this time of year to fly fish? Any of you know of "bucket" locations that are in the prime "season" in the next month or so?

Let's here your suggestions,

Thks much,

Ayr.

Guest Jeremie

NZ brown streams in the winter

Wabaman lake pike in spring

"skeena tributary" steelhead

Kamchatkan super kundzha

sea run Bull trout on the pitt

sea run arctic char in the north!

Atlantic Salmon in iceland.

Tons more those are just my favorite!

Ayr - the cicadas in NZ are amazing right now. After this unsettled bit of weather settles down it'll be back at it and carry through early April. Scroll through our blog (signature) to see some shots of the last little while. I missed a 13+ lb fish today. It was cycling, looked at the fly for 15 to 20 sec on a painfully slow drift - the kind it hangs at your fly and drifts with it - and then kept going. Pretty cool when a huge fish hangs inches from your fly in flat water for that long. I certainly wasn't expecting even that much attention in the location I was fishing - so close to the hwy.

Dave,

You're killin' me here.....we had January booked to join family there and had to cancel last minute due to unfinished busuness. The family members are returning next week, but the thought of experiencing just a little of what you decsribe here and on your blog is very attractive and NZ remains on the short list for sure.

Thank you for the reply and thanks for your blog I have been enjoying it for quite some time now.

Here's hoping you and Amelia will have more of those unforgettable NZ experiences in the near future.

Regards,

Ayr.

Ayr - the cicadas in NZ are amazing right now. After this unsettled bit of weather settles down it'll be back at it and carry through early April. Scroll through our blog (signature) to see some shots of the last little while. I missed a 13+ lb fish today. It was cycling, looked at the fly for 15 to 20 sec on a painfully slow drift - the kind it hangs at your fly and drifts with it - and then kept going. Pretty cool when a huge fish hangs inches from your fly in flat water for that long. I certainly wasn't expecting even that much attention in the location I was fishing - so close to the hwy.