Fly Fusion Forums

Sunday Spey Casting

toolman

Hey Doc,

I am right in the middle of changing a Dan Craft six weight four piece 9' 6" Five Rivers Sig v to a 10' 2" Switch Rod with a Removable Fighting Butt, in fact it is all ready to glue up.

I have a ten foot five weight CTS Affinity One Blank that I didn't quite know what to do with, but I do now, I will be putting a longer handle and removable fighting butt on it also. :ridemcowboy:

Cheers,

Dick Seymour

Sounds like you have a a few goodies to work on. I have a 5/6 Meiser Highlander waiting for me go get started on this winter when time permits.

I see that you did not mention the wanabe Canadian aka the lone 'Merican aka Rickr?

I can clearly see a rod in his favorite color and noticed he was trashing the equipment guru's in another post. :beating:

I think he is just jealous about not having a mean yellow LONG fishing machine. :whistle:

I hear you Rob...rickr did show up briefly, but was very intimidated by the Spey guys and left shortly there after without so much as even making a single cast with a two handed rod...(I even brought the big Yellow 15' 10/11wt. just for him...)

Guess those wannabe's are all talk no action... :lol:

I hear you Rob...rickr did show up briefly, but was very intimidated by the Spey guys and left shortly there after without so much as even making a single cast with a two handed rod...(I even brought the big Yellow 15' 10/11wt. just for him...)

Guess those wannabe's are all talk no action... :lol:

As I've said before, I can't afford to pick up one of those two handed rods. Like an alcoholic, one "drink" and I'd be doomed.

As I've said before, I can't afford to pick up one of those two handed rods. Like an alcoholic, one "drink" and I'd be doomed.

That's right rickr... step away slowly... and join hawgstoppah's spey recovery program. Meetings every tuesday where we get together and discuss why we don't need more than one spey rod.... and interventions if neccessary!!!

Greg... you really , really, need to come to spey annonymous.... :):)

You really don't need more than one for the Bow. A 4 or 5 wt two hander will handle anything around here. If you plan on fishing for steelhead or salmon, then it's a bit of a different story.

Meetings every tuesday where we get together and discuss why we don't need more than one spey rod.... and interventions if neccessary!!!

Where are these meetings and is there beer involved? :D

Greg... you really , really, need to come to spey annonymous.... :):)

I'll bet that by the end of the first meeting, I will have everyone convinced that they need to bring several Spey rods with them when they go fishing...and at least a dozen lines, too... :lol: