Fly Fusion Forums

An Afternoon Guided By Troutlover

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

Well I must say it was a great afternoon troutlover. I trust I can return the favor and try for some trout and perch at another lake I know of :-)

Here are some of the fish caught. Hard to take photos during the double headers...

great fights for the most part except for one particularly huge...huge female.

post-1649-1225578123.jpg

post-1649-1225578130.jpg

Guest Sundancefisher
Holy smokes, that's super impressive. I have no idea the community lakes had such nice rainbows. Almost makes me miss living in arbor lake! Nice fish guys!

Nope...not a community lake... This was out of Rawson Lake near Lower Kananaskis Lake... You can see the mountain pass in the background...

:-)

Man, looks like I should have turned right instead of left when I went fishing this morning!!!!! That is just amazing!

I already told my wife we are going for a boat ride tomorrow. She is very happy to spend time with her husband, even if he is catching stupidly big fish.

By the way, I still say it is unusually warm today!

That was a lot of fun. Truth is i don't lake fish a lot and sundance shared some flys knowledge and techniques that worked well. We found some pretty nice fish chances are I'm going to give the lake a little more attention than i have in the past. Thanks for the pictures and i can't wait to get some of those perch your trying to get rid of. Love the picture of the bassbow!!!

Guest Sundancefisher
That was a lot of fun. Truth is i don't lake fish a lot and sundance shared some flys knowledge and techniques that worked well. We found some pretty nice fish chances are I'm going to give the lake a little more attention than i have in the past. Thanks for the pictures and i can't wait to get some of those perch your trying to get rid of. Love the picture of the bassbow!!!

hey rickr...

unfortunately only non global warming flies were working today :-) I heard your comment on the cell... You have VERY LOUD opinions... I found the trout's opinions most enjoyable today. troutlover was a fishing machine. Call me if you need someone to pole your wife and you around the lake. I would love to catch more. I landed 12 perch on the flyrod tonight. 5:45 - 6:45 at 9 feet is the key. Anyone know of a glow in the dark or battery lit corky on the market? The perch are still biting but I can not see a thing.

Alternatively rickr and troutlover...drop me a line and come over and catch perch on the fly. You have not experience true hook setting practice until perch fishing. They are QUICK biters.

Cheers

Sun

Guest Sundancefisher
You think you could sing in Italian like those Gondola dudes in Venice (which is sinking as sea levels rise-I just made that up)?

I'll talk to the wife in the morning. She is on a girl's night out. PM me your phone number.

After a night at the Chip and Dales you will probably be tired in the morning...

I hope you didn't show those guys from the wrong side of 22x the secret fly! I don't know if troutlover will be able to fit that fly in his maggot container. Next thing we'll be having to share stillwater as well as moving water with these guys. Sounds and looks like it was a fine day for some bobber fishing. I'm sorry I missed out but I had to collect some more pheasant tails. Next spring will have to hijack Jared or Rick's boat and lay a wuppin' on those Chap fish.

Umm... Very interesting... Actually, I can see my house in one of the pictures...

Fishing this lake is basically like shooting ducks in a barrel.....

I guess it works if you need a quick fish fix....

Anyway, "Sundancefisher"... we will sure try to keep this lake on the down low for you....

I hate to drop this news..... but I have it on very good authority that there maybe some ssssshhhhh wait for it.....

TIGER trout put in there next year. ...... but remember nothing is ever written in stone so don't crucify me if it doesn't happen.

Apperantly they are very angry fish when hooked up.

2878P6160026_1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_trout

Guest Sundancefisher
Pretty surprising amount of development out of that Kananaskis lake. bleed.gif

Man...I can't pull one off on you can I. :-)

Say Jayhad

Where are the Tiger Trout coming from?

Is there a hatchery listed somewhere? If more lakes order it may drop the shipping costs...

PM me and I will check it out for our lake.

Cheers

Sun

I love tigers, caught tons in NS in a few lake, they are so aggressive. The lakes were stocked with tigers to get rid of the smallmouth bass and they did some kind of a job, the bass were basically gone in less than two years and the tigers got large. Awesome fish!

Guest Sundancefisher
I love tigers, caught tons in NS in a few lake, they are so aggressive. The lakes were stocked with tigers to get rid of the smallmouth bass and they did some kind of a job, the bass were basically gone in less than two years and the tigers got large. Awesome fish!

That sounds like the perfect way to get rid of perch. Any idea where you could get tiger trout for stocking?

Guest Sundancefisher
You should be able to get them from a the same hatchery that stocks the rainbows

not so easy apparently.

I am checking into it though