Fly Fusion Forums

Bow Clean-up: Post Mortem

duanec

my first clean-up...a job well done judging from the pile of garbage.

tnx again to the organizers, sponsors and everyone for turning out

- what's the weirdest/most surprising thing you picked up?

- what was the most common thing you picked up?

my first clean-up...a job well done judging from the pile of garbage.

tnx again to the organizers, sponsors and everyone for turning out

- what's the weirdest/most surprising thing you picked up?

- what was the most common thing you picked up?

3 hyperdermic needles, 12 golf balls, and the most common had to be bottle caps.

Most common- Bottle caps or drinking straws, shot gun shells. Not necessarily unique, but tampon applicators, flip-flops, full beers, and a ton of styrofoam.

P

3 hyperdermic needles, 12 golf balls, and the most common had to be bottle caps.

Yea, bottle caps were all over the place. Rick and I pulled out a TV that will need some serious work to get it running, the picture tube was broken. I also found a couple of full beer cans. I have to say, the sponsors really came through with some serious items. I fully intend to support them as they have supported us.

Murray

Our group found (weirdest/most surprising) 3/4s of a mountain bike on the north side of the river almost across from policemans, a full bottle of hard lemonade. The most common things were the many bait containers and cigarette butts. But the most unique was a tie between a stubby beer bottle, and a license plate from Manitoba.

A BIG THANK-YOU to the organizers and sponsors a wonderful job.

As a side note my daughter said on the way home in the truck ----dad that was a real good day. Boy was she ever tired, between the long walk and picking up garbage to playing with the dogs that some of the participants brought she had a real good time.

Thanks again

Russ C

Tons of drinking straws and styrofoam in the drift wood piles, along with tons of lighters and a dozen empty packs of rum and wine dipped cigars, all in one spot. And Carl and I could probably start a used shoe store with what we found.

Thankfully, no bodies again this year!

11 Lighters...

12 Minnow containers...

infinite bottle caps and foam...

Interesting why there are so many bottle caps and not as many bottles...do the caps come off and sink while the bottles carry on or vice versa?

Perhaps we should have collected all of the shoes in one spot and tried to match them...just like my socks on laundry day.

Thanks to all, it was great fun to be on the river giving a little back for all the great fishing days I have had!!

I found all kinds of things, for me the most common item was plastic water bottles. The strangest was a chasis from an old computer, also got a real rusty kids mountain bike, a 3 x 3 foot piece of sheet metal and a City of Calgary "pathway closed" sign. Thanks to the organizers, everyone who was out deserves a hand :clapping:

Sorry I couldn't miake it. Stupid work... got called in at 6:30 AM for server issues and not out till around 7:30 sorry I missed it ... next year hopefully (Time to find a new Job spening to much time carrying and answering this stupid pager)

Teck