Fly Fusion Forums

Troutfitters New Store

Birchy we should do lunch some day.

Trust me I don't spend all my FF $ at Troutfitters but for me it was in the NW and so was I. It was a great store to stop into on the way home and I was always treated awesome so for me that counts for a lot. I really think it sucks that the NW won't have a store as I live in Cochrane so the stores in the far south are a once in awhile treat for me same with Wholesale. Hansons is another great store and I go there at lunch and shoot the *hit and buy flies and other small supplies but for waders and such they just don't have what I want there.

Here is what I look for in a store.

1) great service

2) Location

3) cost

4)Cake

Trust me I don't spend all my FF $ at Troutfitters but for me it was in the NW and so was I. It was a great store to stop into on the way home and I was always treated awesome so for me that counts for a lot. I really think it sucks that the NW won't have a store as I live in Cochrane so the stores in the far south are a once in awhile treat for me same with Wholesale.

I'm in the same boat as you. I live in Citadel but work downtown so Troutfitters was the perfect place for me to stop on my way home from the office especially if I was going to fish early the next morning or just needed a spool of thread or something. Unfortunately their downtown location is too far from my office to walk at lunch and I don't think there's much in the way of parking around there, so it looks like I have to wait until I'm in the south. The convenience factor of the old location was huge for me. I do wish them the best of luck in their new location though.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

all us NWers should rent a bus and go down to wholesale, it would be way cheaper then us all taking our own cars lol.

it could be like a field trip. Or we should all open a store in the NW...

Well that really sucks. I live in Canmore & could make it there before closed after work if the local shop didn't have what I was looking for. Didn't go there that often, but it was a nice option to have. Wholesale is further out of the way, but they're the most convenient for me now. After Wapiti that is :whoot:

I live in NW and the shop was in jogging-distance. I will second that the staff was helpful and friendly.

Since, I knew that they are moving, I checked their website, but it still shown the old address. Unfortunately, when I went there last week I could see that they have already moved (empty shop). I wrote an e-mail to them to update the website, so people avoid empty trips, but they did not manage to do it yet.

So, just to be clear, there is NO Bow River Troutfitters in NW anymore. Do not go there.

I like the retails in South, but it is quite a challenge for me to get down from NW using public transportation.

should be good too have 2 shops downtown.. makes for a little more competition! sucks there is no northwest store anymore like most said but i do almost all of my shopping while fishing and bombing around in the south anyways....... wil halfto check out the new location once she is up and running tho!

YAY....something to do on lunch today. Unless BBT and Birchy wanna go for lunch. But I"ll only go if there's cake.

I kinda wondered what the business case was in moving the only fly shop in the NW to downtown....they obviously have their reasons and did their due diligence with market research and what not. As a consumer, I just can't see why it would make more sense to be there. Oh well....good for us who work downtown and have a paid parking spot B)

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i lived 2 blocks from them and when i talked to them they mentioned that their rent was sky rocketing. I think he will have way more walk in sales but i think he will loose quite a few of his regulars because of the new location. Unfortunately now i do all my buying down at whole sale.

His new place is less rent for more area so it was a smart move.

Guest Sundancefisher

Drat...I work across the street to from the new store.

Definitely some future spending trouble looming with the wife!

Yikes.

Must...stay...away...

As people have made note the NW Troutfitters store is now closed. We are now open at our new location on 620 8th Ave SW. We are right across the Globe Cinema, and 4 shops west of the Uptown Theatre. There is metered parking on both sides of the streets, and it's not often you can't find a spot to park. The LRT station is roughly a 10 min walk, and once the 6th St station is open it will be even closer.

We are still a full service fly shop, carrying only the finest in fly fishing equipment and tying materials. We are proud to carry Sage, and Scott fly rods, as well as Abel, Sage, Bauer, Ross, Tibor, and Islander reels. In wading equipment we carry a full line of Simms fishing products and are the only Patagonia fly fishing dealer in Calgary. We are also very proud of our fly tying department which is the largest and most diverse in Western Canada.

We hope to see you guys down at the new shop

Tight Lines,

Bow River Troutfitters