Fly Fusion Forums

Dryfly?

I've heard dryfly's name is Clive.. I've also seen him make really detailed posts about pike on the fly.. so is this Clive Schaupmeyer that wrote the "Pike on the Fly" article in Barry Mitchell's 2007 guide?

Birchy, you should pick up a copy of Clives excellent book, "The Essential Guide to Fly-Fishing". It's one of my favorite flyfishing books. Good illustrations, descriptions of techniques and tactics for trout and a section on other species such as pike.

Birchy, you should pick up a copy of Clives excellent book, "The Essential Guide to Fly-Fishing". It's one of my favorite flyfishing books. Good illustrations, descriptions of techniques and tactics for trout and a section on other species such as pike.

I second that...............just start reading it early in the day, you'll be wrecked for work the next morning if you don't. I'm not a reader by any means, but I finished that one cover to cover one night.

I second that...............just start reading it early in the day, you'll be wrecked for work the next morning if you don't. I'm not a reader by any means, but I finished that one cover to cover one night.

That was the very first book I read when I was learning to fly fish and it was a truly invaluable tool. Plus that's how I got to "meet" Clive. I emailed him and told him how much I enjoyed his book and could I have his autograph cuz he's all famous and stuff. He likes that kind of stuff....it's good to feed Spudman's ego :lol:

I got the book somewhere... NOT in alberta (bought it somewhere while I was trucking). At that point I had NO idea Clive was from Alberta, but once I started looking at the pictures in the book and seeing a lot on shots on my favorite river :lol::lol::lol::lol: .... I'd highly reccomend the book as well... it's a great read.