Fly Fusion Forums

Stolen Gear

Hey all,

my truck was stolen last week and in the truck was all my fishing gear...so if any one out there gets a good deal on a 10ft Scott 5wt Tioga reel and a ts2 islander reel 2 gps units Orvise breathable's vest 6 fly boxes along with all my dog training gear 2 pairs of bino's camera ETC

please let me know or call the Calgary police

IMG_0002-1.jpg

Thanks

cohod

Cohod,

Sorry to hear!

Do you need to borrow some gear?!

I have a spare 8 1/2' 6/7 with rim drag reel (it's the on the girlfriend will be using that she won't be using until may). I know it's not even close to what you were using, but it's yours until you replace your gear...

Cheers,

Peter

sorry to hear man. 3 board members with stolen vehicles in the last year...me, birchy and you. Hope you get your gear back. I had all mine in my vehicle, but was there when they busted the guys. Check with your home owner insurance. my deductible was too high, but you can claim it under there as its not covered under vehicle insurance (at least mine anyways).

Cohod,

Sorry to hear!

Do you need to borrow some gear?!

I have a spare 8 1/2' 6/7 with rim drag reel (it's the on the girlfriend will be using that she won't be using until may). I know it's not even close to what you were using, but it's yours until you replace your gear...

Cheers,

Peter

Thats is a very kind offer...thank you.

I still have a few other rods and reels just nothing to go along with them. I guess a few nights at the bench will take care of that. time will tell if insurance will cover any of the contents its funny I feel more victimized by the insurance company than the punks that took my truck.

until I can get back out on the water I will just have to live vicariously through every one here. so post lots of pics!

cohod

Guest Sundancefisher

Make sure you get fair compensation for the flies whether hand tied or not. Replacement value is easily determined by looking at the fishing stores. Helps everyone if you take pictures of your opened fly boxes from time to time.

Sorry to hear man.

Once had my gear ripped off (more important than the truck) and claimed it under my home insurance. While I try not to leave stuff in the open, if they want in, they'll get in. Alarms are a waste of money, when your 1/2 a mile away. To all members, go out and buy a "CLUB". It's the best visual deterrent around.

Back to claiming. " Sundancefisher" is right. Flies alone are a buck and a half and my (2) chronie boxes have probably got over 300 between the two of them.

When claiming, have the investigator meet you at home. If your anything like me, you've got a cupboard full of tying gear, old spinning, etc. Any pictures you have of yourself and your gear will help. My den has fishing photos everywhere.

Believe me; when you tell a claims guy what was in your vest alone, he's going to be dumbfounded. The guy who did my claim looked like the only outdoors he'd seen, was in the Saturday travel section of the Herald. These people have no idea.

Be firm. They'll try and reduce your claim, like a Hudderite buying tractor parts.

I hope some of this helps or at least brings smile to your face.

Cheers

Rough loss, happened to me a few years back, Chronie63 is correct in that you can claim under your home owners, typically you will have a $500 ded, not lots considering the amount of gear, I am not a great tyer, However I happen to be an insurance adjuster and am more than willing to assist you in that process. I picked up a few skills in the Insurance Game from an Article in the Herald, the travel section.

PM if you need some advice.

Wow… I don’t know what to say. Thank you. You have no idea how my faith in my fellow man has been shaken in the last few years…you guys have really helped restore that faith that there are still good people out there. I showed my wife this thread and it near brought it her to tears I know it’s just an offer of flies but to be honest we have not been on the receiving end of such generosity, so to those that have offered thank you.

I have been tying most every night since the truck was stolen and have got a couple boxes tied up not the variety I’m used to, but all my go-too’s . over the next few weeks I’ll be replacing my waders and vest so I can get back out on the water the rod and reels will take a little longer…waiting to hear what the adjuster has to say.

So again thanks to the members that have offered both here and via PM

This is a great site with great members I’m happy to be apart of it. I only hope I can repay the kindness shown to me.

cohod

Wow… I don’t know what to say. Thank you. You have no idea how my faith in my fellow man has been shaken in the last few years…you guys have really helped restore that faith that there are still good people out there. I showed my wife this thread and it near brought it her to tears I know it’s just an offer of flies but to be honest we have not been on the receiving end of such generosity, so to those that have offered thank you.

I have been tying most every night since the truck was stolen and have got a couple boxes tied up not the variety I’m used to, but all my go-too’s . over the next few weeks I’ll be replacing my waders and vest so I can get back out on the water the rod and reels will take a little longer…waiting to hear what the adjuster has to say.

So again thanks to the members that have offered both here and via PM

This is a great site with great members I’m happy to be apart of it. I only hope I can repay the kindness shown to me.

cohod

cohod,

Fancy running into you on another board. We should talk before you buy new waders, vest, and other big ticket gear. I forgot to mention it when we talked the other night but I can save you some $$$. I also have some stuff you can use in the mean time. Pike season is getting close and I need some company in the boat! I haven't forgtten that you were right there to take me hunting when I wanted to throw in the towel after my dog got smucked by a truck. Hopefully I can return the favor.

Remi

cohod,

Fancy running into you on another board. We should talk before you buy new waders, vest, and other big ticket gear. I forgot to mention it when we talked the other night but I can save you some $$$. I also have some stuff you can use in the mean time. Pike season is getting close and I need some company in the boat! I haven't forgtten that you were right there to take me hunting when I wanted to throw in the towel after my dog got smucked by a truck. Hopefully I can return the favor.

Remi

Thanks Remi

you already have.

cohod

Hey all,

my truck was stolen last week and in the truck was all my fishing gear...so if any one out there gets a good deal on a 10ft Scott 5wt Tioga reel and a ts2 islander reel 2 gps units Orvise breathable's vest 6 fly boxes along with all my dog training gear 2 pairs of bino's camera ETC

please let me know or call the Calgary police

Hi, This weekend Trout Unlimited Canada is putting out a great event.. Bow River Chaper Tackle Swap..

Saturday April 19th 10 am - 12 pm South Calgary Community Association 3130-16th St SW Garage sale format.

Used Fly Fishing rods, tackle, ect ect ect.. A freind of a freind told me. I'm passing this on.. Lots of fun what I can see..

http://www.tucanada.org/TUC_event.php?item=75

Have fun.

IMG_0002-1.jpg

Thanks

cohod

I wanted to take a second and thank all the members here for all the offers for flies,gear,advise I have tried to send a pm to every one that has stepped up, to say thank you. if I have missed anyone THANK YOU!

I am truly amazed at the generosity of the people here I hope I have the chance to repay the kindness forward. I will not break the chain sorta speak.

Thanks all

Dan

Sorry to hear about your loss...Happened to me once(not the truck stolen)....But a big box of Flies amoung other things that were in my back pack...I stopped for gas in Lethbridge....Came back out...and gone....Hope you make out ok with everything...

...Jeff... :(