Fly Fusion Forums

Bass Pro Shops

Guest bigbadbrent
Exactly. I have a couple of shops I give most of my business to and that won't change. But for staples (leader, tippet, hemo's, etc.) Bass Pro, Cabelas, Wholesale,etc. will certainly draw me in from time to time.

how often do you lose hemostats to make them staples ;)

Living down in the south of Calgary, who is going to drive all the way up to balzac just to buy "staples"? The price of gas alone will eat up any possible savings, and 2 hours of your time wasted. I'll just hit the neighborhood shop, besides i like orvis superstrong tippet.

Living down in the south of Calgary, who is going to drive all the way up to balzac just to buy "staples"? The price of gas alone will eat up any possible savings, and 2 hours of your time wasted. I'll just hit the neighborhood shop, besides i like orvis superstrong tippet.

When I lived in Houston, Bass Pro was 60 miles or so from my house. Found an excuse to go at least a couple of times per year. If they build it,people will come!

BBB,

Ever fished with me? I loose things from time to time.

I live in Lethbridge and will sepcifically be making trips to buy stuff up there. Lately they never seem to have anything that I need down here at the only game in town. Mind you though my sister was going to the nearest Cabelas in the states this weekend I wanted her to pick up a whole wack of Pike and Walleye stuff for me and Cabelas had absolutly nothing of what I want, neither does Wholesale, Russels, or Fishing Hole (and these are well known brand name lures), so I guess we'll see just how good this new store is. By the looks of it from the highway though, it should be pretty sweet.

Cabela's stores take forever to build and open. The one being built in Montreal has been under construction for years. I'm still not sure when it will open. I guess the closest one to Calgary would be in Post Falls, Idaho....a 6 hour drive.

When I lived in Houston, Bass Pro was 60 miles or so from my house. Found an excuse to go at least a couple of times per year. If they build it,people will come!

BBB,

Ever fished with me? I loose things from time to time.

Katy Mills???????????

My wife reported me missing (will called all the hang outs) while I spent the whole day in there.........once upon a time

I was in Denver last month and hit the Bass Pro shop there. Was in there for like two hours, only spent about 40 bucks. Deals weren't really amazing. The 'premium' gun room was cool though, I could of either taken home the truck I was picking up or a shotgun. Talked to the cashier, she was one of about 400 employees! That didn't include the restaurant. I'm pretty sure you can see the one being built in Balzac from Hwy 2. Looks like it's still just a skeleton with yellow building wrap on it. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a while.