Fly Fusion Forums

The King Of The Vise

bulltrout

sorry for the delay but tax season and work have held me up...so here's how it breaks down...

Rules

*single elimination bracketed tournament (similar to the NHL postseason)

*there are two pools (17 tyers per side)

*first round is to decide the top 8 in each pool (9 tyers will be eliminated and the top 8 seeded based on the list below)

*seedings are based upon participation and victories in the past 12 contests (ties were drawn out of a hat)

*after the first round slimming, 1st seed will face the 8th, 2nd against the 7th, etc..

*each round will have a pre-designated theme with a poll to follow similar to the tying contests

*any discrepancies, complaints or questions should be handled via PM's to myself

*to assure that there are no popularity contests, all pics of flies must be emailed to me before the round expires (bullyhunter at gmail.com) and then i'll post them anonymously

*tyers that i do not receive a fly entry from before the round cutoff date and time will be eliminated (even if it's a minute after)

*with the anonymous posting, there might be duplicate patterns entered, in which case, i'll let the first tyer of said pattern to enter but the duplicate tyer must reenter another pattern (time extension may be given if duplicate is received at or near the deadline)

*tyers that are no shows or choose to withdraw are eliminated

*tyers that remain active in the tourney CANNOT vote until they are eliminated

*tiebreakers are based on the overall rankings

*no multi-angled pictures are allowed

*please remember that this is all in fun so no cheating (i.e.. previously tied flies/previously photographed flies, store-bought flies, etc...)

on a side note, if anyone wants to donate some prizes (last year Glenbow donated beer mugs and Guito donated a dubbing dispenser), PM me with the details...

here are the rankings based upon participation in the tying contests (first number after the name is the number of entries, the second number after the name is the number of contest wins)...

Tyer Rankings

1. ggp (10)(3)

2. drbulltrout (8)(2)

3. Lundvike (6)(1)

4. Din (6)(0)

5. ladystrange (6)(0)

6. cheeler (5)(0)

7. pacreseltoro (4)(1)

8. Badger (4)(0)

9. bigbadbrent (4)(0)

10. TerryH (3)(1)

11. Tango (3)(0)

12. 126barnes (2)(1)

13. Hydropsyche (2)(1)

14. CapeBSalar (2)(1)

15. SilverDoctor (2)(1)

16. lethfisher (2)(0)

17. dryfly (2)(0)

18. LoneFisher (2)(0)

19. albannachxcuileag (2)(0)

20. michel921 (2)(0)

21. DonAndersen (1)(1)

22. sirocco (1)(0)

23. maxwell (1)(0)

24. scotfly (1)(0)

25. SanJuanWorm (1)(0)

26. clyde (1)(0)

27. Weedy1 (1)(0)

28. kritofr (1)(0)

29. Fishietales (1)(0)

30. grannyknot (1)(0)

31. Tako (1)(0)

32. westcoast (1)(0)

33. Hawgstoppah (1)(0)

34. Trailhead (1)(0)

so based on the standings, all the odd numbered ranked tiers are in Pool A and all the even numbered ranked tiers are in Pool B...here's what they look like...

Pool A

ggp

Lundvike

ladystrange

pacreseltoro

bigbadbrent

Tango

Hydropsyche

SilverDoctor

dryfly

albannachxcuileag

DonAndersen

maxwell

SanJuanWorm

Weedy 1

Fishietales

Tako

Hawgstoppah

Pool B

drbulltrout

Din

cheeler

Badger

TerryH

126barnes

CapeBSalar

lethfisher

LoneFisher

michel921

sirocco

scotfly

clyde

kritofr

grannyknot

westcoast

Trailhead

the first round will feature Pool A doing a MAYFLY theme and Pool B doing a CADDIS theme...any life cycles may be entered...once again, all entries must be emailed to me (bullyhunter at gmail.com) BEFORE 10PM ON SUNDAY, MARCH 30...that is all for now...good luck to all and be sure to have fun...

Guest bigbadbrent

Awesome Possum, cept i'm with a bunch of a hell of a good tiers..AND you made me do mayflys, the one imitation that i don't enjoy tying

let the games begin

(btw, thanks for doing this DBT, you're the man)

Well I gotta find a place to tie I guess......

did you by chance change the patterns the pools would be tying as I spent all last night researching mayfly patterns and I see that i am supposed to do a caddis.... not a big deal just not sure whether it was me reading wrong or whether it was changed

to answer brent's question about voting, if entered in the tourney, you may not vote on your own pool or bracket but you may vote on the other pool or brackets (i.e..DBT can vote for Pool A but not Pool B and bigbadbrent can vote for Pool B but not Pool A, etc..)...