Fly Fusion Forums

Worst Tim Hortons In Calgary?

Guest bigbadbrent

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, read through all of this and am I the only one who bitches to them about their 'roll up the rim to win' contest. If you go in with a refill mug and get a coffee, they will give you an empty cup for 'roll up the rim'. What a waste! I like to make an issue of it and refuse the cup. Why can't they come up with a small scratch card or something like that?

This really drives me crazy...I can't be the only one.

It's called "Roll up the rim to win", not scratch to win. It would completely take away from the meaning of the whole contest if one were to simply scratch a measly piece of paper. Besides once that piece of paper is thrown on the ground to litter our beautiful world it becomes much harder to see than the Tim Hortons cup we have all come to know and love. ;)

OK, read through all of this and am I the only one who bitches to them about their 'roll up the rim to win' contest. If you go in with a refill mug and get a coffee, they will give you an empty cup for 'roll up the rim'. What a waste! I like to make an issue of it and refuse the cup. Why can't they come up with a small scratch card or something like that?

This really drives me crazy...I can't be the only one.

I was going to mention something about the waste at there stores during this "contest" but figured it wasnt the topic to do it, now I am going to!. Last year 2 of us stopped in there before an out of town delivery for work during roll up the rim. We ordered our 2 drink's and got 6 cups!!!!!!! When we asked them why we are getting 6 cups when we only ordered 2 drinks the guy told us they dont have any medium roll up the rim cups left so he gave us an extra large cup so we can still roll up the rim, And the drink is also to hot for just 1 cup so he had to put another cup over it. 6 CUPS FOR 2 DRINKS!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely rediculious!!!!!!!!. I emailed a compaint to there head office about the amount of waste they produce by doing this, but the reply I got back had nothing to do with what I wrote about.

Has anyone ever given any thought as to why Tim Hortons has long line ups?????

Timmies is about the only place on this continent where you can get something resembling a good cup of coffee. Starbucks sucks (except for their lattes), it's way too bitter and other coffee chains are no better. What do Canadians (and North Americans as a whole) have with bitter coffee? I just got back from France - nice mellow, good tasting coffee...now say what you will about the French, but they sure know how to make a good coffee. Same with the Germans, Italians and Turks. North America has only ever had crap for coffee, so we (as a whole) don't know any better.

the majority of coffee on the planet comes from either latin america or africa. the french don't grow their own beans; they probably just roast and/or brew it slightly different. places like colombia and bolivia (which have undergone economic structural adjustment programs that tend to flood the market with coffee beans and lower prices btw but that's probably a discussion for another day).

my perception is that there are long lines at tim horton's in the burbs. the tims in the downtown areas are usually overloaded with other smaller coffee shops or chains that sell better quality coffee beans. i would think it's the people that can't get out of their cars that go to tims in the burbs on their way to the hockey rink or on the way to fishing. tims market share seems to be larger in the burbs than in the downtown congested areas where people are on foot/transit. also there's the perception that tim's is a canadian icon even though they were sold some time ago. and then there's the sponsorship of minor hockey which gives people the warm and fuzzies. that's just my perception.

i also think that people enjoy tims coffee because they like their double-doubles with super-fatty cream and lots of sugar. here's a hint, you can replicate your tims double-double with good quality cream at home.

Tim hortons is the worst place in the world. I dont even know where to start? There stores are absoulutley filthy, there coffee tastes like my dirty socks. Whyd o you think every one orders a double double just so they dont taste the coffee. The staff are the meanest dumbest people on earth and couldnt care less about the customer. Over a year ago i got food poisning from timmys chicken noodle soup that was left in there steam tray for way to long. 2 days of not being able to keep any food down and another day of feeling like someone hit me with a truck. Never again will i stepfoot in a timmys or eat any food from there. I now frequent Starbucks for my morning coffee and muffin. I pay a little more then timmys but when you factor in the half an hour you have to wait at 7 am for a coffee at timmy i am making money. I have never waited more than 5 minutes at Starbucks. Also the staff are the friendliest people at any time of day. They apperciate your bussiness.

I just thought of another one of the things that drives me nuts at a few Tim Horton's....

Waiting in line for 25 minutes to get a few dozen donuts for the people at work because it's your turn....

Finally getting up to the front and ordering my 36 assorted donuts, (with a couple extra Boston Creams for me)....

Watching the nice lady stack the boxes on the counter and tell me how much I owe....

Pulling out my Debit Card, only to find out they only take CASH!!!! :angry:

No signs or any indication of this anywhere. I guess I should just know!

How can you operate a franchise as big as Tim Horton's and not use INTERAC?

Gravelman,

I'm noting a bit of ambivalence in your feelings for Timmies. How do you really feel? ;)

I wish i had a billion dollars just so i could buy tim hortons and shut the whole company down. Bulldoze down every store. I just plain hate them.

Maybe Timmys should take some of the sponsership money from that boat to pay for the clean up our country. Theres frickin cups everywhere. Maybe a old cup will get lodged in the engine and cause it to explode!!!!!!!

Here ya go Gravelman. "Owner of a new Edmonton cafe sells takeout coffee only to people with mugs". Timmie's my be going with a new more biodegradable cornstarch-based liner.

(On a side note, when you go to the link see if you can play Beethoven's 5th Symphony by moving your mouse over the purple links above the story.)

http://www.canada.com/topics/greenguide/st...904&k=57244