Fly Fusion Forums

Worst Tim Hortons In Calgary?

Guest bigbadbrent

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should see the one in Bow Valley Square downtown Calgary. But they all just line up out the door and into the retail mall.

But the line really goes fast. I've heard that BV is the busiest Tim Horton's in the country. There is routinely 4-6 people taking orders there.

FC is horrible. Terrible physical location, with slow staff added in for fun.

I rarely go to Tim's. It's a cultural phenom, and I'm not Canadian. I'm with Taco (twice in one day Taco!), McD's coffee is better. Here is a line from MSN Money:

McDonald's introduced a line of premium coffee that earned first place in this month's Consumer Reports issue for best in coffee. The brand beat out Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts and Burger King (BKC, news, msgs) for both taste and value.

No line up either!

I read an article a couple of years back...i think it was Mcleans, that said Canadian Mcdonalds actually use the exact same coffee as Tims. And according to the coffee guru's, it scores higher for flavor because McDonalds brews it more "correctly" than Tims.

You should see the one in Bow Valley Square downtown Calgary. But they all just line up out the door and into the retail mall.

I work in BVS 4 and hit this Tim's at least once a day if not twice. The line is unreal but it does move very fast and half the time my order is right :blink:

The worst for me is the one in Crowfoot. You park to go in but when you come out you can't back out of your spot due to the drive thru traffic that has gone way out onto the main road.

The Tim's in Mindapore by Dixons is brutal as well. No place to line up for the drive thru and if you want to go inside there is no way to get around the drive thru line. PISS. They just opened a Starbucks in Sundance so i have been going there. So what if it's 14.oo$ for a large coffee. Beats the long waits.

i think tim horton's coffee tastes like sewage.

if i drink coffee, i make it at home with high quality grounds and just put it in a steeper with hot water. easier, quicker and cheaper.

What's up with that? Coffee was created to give man something to "go get" on a Saturday morning. Satisfies that hunter gatherer instinct. What's the fun of making it at home when you can overpay and/or get irritated at long lines.

Guest bigbadbrent
Just dont go to timmy's. If you need caffine get the beaver buzz, you can buy the night before and taste better (i like it warm)

http://www.beaverbuzz.com/welcome.asp

Nick

Gave it a shot today Nick,

quite impressed with it, its rare that i go 'mm that's good' after having some energy drink

hopefully it will keep me up all night studying

Guest bigbadbrent

Can get the Beaver buzz for 2 bucks a can if you buy multiples at Superstore....now i've got another 3 waiting in the fridge :P

This morning I drove past the Tim Horton's on 130 Ave just off the Deerfoot, on my way to the bank to get some cash. Noticed the line was shorter than normal. Got my money, and drove down to the McDs to get my Sausage and Egg McMuffin and large coffee. There was a line. First time ever.

I blame myself for posting about McDs coffee on this website. I've gone and ruined it for everyone.

Stupid website. ;)

...drove down to the McDs to get my Sausage and Egg McMuffin and large coffee...

fyi, when i eat a sausage and egg mcmuffin (or the knock-off at tims) i usually have to crap my pants. not a good food choice for me on the way out fishing.

note that 'crap my pants' refers to 'explosive nuclear meltdown diarrhea'.

fyi, when i eat a sausage and egg mcmuffin (or the knock-off at tims) i usually have to crap my pants. not a good food choice for me on the way out fishing.

Good way to keep anyone else out of your run. (No pun intended) :P

The one in Kenora, Ont which uses the TransCanada Highway as their drive thru lineup. I honestly thought I was in a long construction lineup until I saw people actually block the incoming lane when doing the left hand turn into the place.

Cheeler,

I drove by the aftermath of a bad wreck there once involving a timmy's line and a big rig. Not a nice sight. Get off the damn highway people!!!! Is your LIFE worth a cup of coffee?

I am going to say all of them. And I dont mean just the ones in Calgary either. They have the most rediculious system for order taking and filling I have ever seen. I went to Tims one night for donuts here in Lethbridge, there were 3 people in front of me, and it still took 15 minutes before I even made it to the till. The same person takes the order and the money, fills the order and then has to go around and make coffeee as needed and do other things. Wouldnt it be way faster if 1 person took orders and another person filled orders. Or 1 person takes an order and as soon as they pay and go to fill it another staff member steps up to the till and helps the next person in line? Instead of 1 person doing everything. Most of the time I couldn't be bothered with the wait. I dont need a drink or donut that bad to stand there and wait for 15 or 20 mintues just for a coffee, and I kind of feel sorry for the people that do..... not that I drink coffee anyway.

Rich, you should know better... You brew your own coffee, doesn't take that much more time to make your own (healthy) breakie either :P :P

P

I am going to say all of them. And I dont mean just the ones in Calgary either. They have the most rediculious system for order taking and filling I have ever seen. I went to Tims one night for donuts here in Lethbridge, there were 3 people in front of me, and it still took 15 minutes before I even made it to the till. The same person takes the order and the money, fills the order and then has to go around and make coffeee as needed and do other things. Wouldnt it be way faster if 1 person took orders and another person filled orders. Or 1 person takes an order and as soon as they pay and go to fill it another staff member steps up to the till and helps the next person in line? Instead of 1 person doing everything. Most of the time I couldn't be bothered with the wait. I dont need a drink or donut that bad to stand there and wait for 15 or 20 mintues just for a coffee, and I kind of feel sorry for the people that do..... not that I drink coffee anyway.

That's what they do in the Timmy's in my building (and most all I've been too for that matter) actually. 1 person takes the order, a different person pours the coffee, and a third person gets the food if needed.

One line for coffee only, one line for anything else. Problem solved. Half the lineups, period. Most people just want to grab a coffee and that's it.

Suggested that hundreds of times to different timmy's staff and managers. No idea why a good idea always falls on deaf ears. :angry: