Fly Fusion Forums

Cujo A Flame

Guest bigbadbrent
I thought Forsberg was signed to a team in Europe this season?

he signed early in the year, but quit when his foot wasn't standing up....we'll see...

like i said, i have a bad feeling if he comes back, he's going to vancity

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joseph will be great to have for the rest of the season and play-offs because of his experience. He will give the team more confidence when he gets the odd start compared to an untested rookie. I agree that if McElhinney had been given a chance to prove himself, the team might have stuck with him as back up and not bothered picking up Joseph, but they didn't.

They see these players every day and obviously didn't feel confident that he could do the job, so they signed Joseph.

As mentioned, now they have too many goalie prospects in the minors, so I'd look for one of them to be packaged up in a deal for another top D-man or Top 6 forward before the deadline.

I'm sure there aren't too many young goalies that are too happy when they get drafted by teams like Calgary, New Jersey or Vancouver because they couldn't possibly think they are going to get much playing time.

Who is Vancouver's back up anyway?...or New Jersey's for that matter? It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Calgary signed an older veteran, proven goaltender that doesn't expect to get a lot of playing time.

In my opinion, it's a perfect situation for both parties.

Seasons half over.. I'm pretty sure that means they'll only be paying him $750,000.. I think he's worth it.

Yea I realized that later on...in that case he might be worth it. The amount Kiprusoff plays under Keenan, Cujo won't get much burn anyways. Remember, Keenan played Grant Fuhr 79 games in 1996.

Sundin might fit in with the Flames, pretty tough for a european and actually seems to have heart. I don't want to end up like the Rangers (all name, no game) or the Marlins (buying the world series and then sucking). I think I'd rather give it a go with what we have, maybe a couple minor tweaks but nothing major.

We may not win the cup but we'll do better then the Oilers.

Guest bigbadbrent
From what I here it would be Sundin for Tangs and some young talent and picks. So maybe one of our extra goalies.

Have to get past Tang's no trade first..

Yeah, at least until the flames roster starts developing cataracts and fragile hips due to old age :D

Diggin' yer new avatar, Snakeman!

It's awesome how you managed to cram all the Oilers' highlights from the past 10 years

into one 7 second clip! ;)

Just ribbin' ya... definitely a purty goal.

For the record Brent Krahn will not be a flame next season. Yo

They need to trade Krahn.. he's been in the system for what? 6 years now? Still hasn't cracked the lineup! I'm sure there's some teams that would give him a shot.

They need to trade Krahn.. he's been in the system for what? 6 years now? Still hasn't cracked the lineup! I'm sure there's some teams that would give him a shot.

maybe the reason why he's still around...invested so much time and energy into developing him they don't want to trade him. they won't get much for him if they do i'd imagine....but you gotta cut ur losses somewhere...

Definitely worth it. He's the #5 most winning goalie in NHL history, and he's one win from #4. I don't care if he hasn't won a cup, he's pretty much done everything else. Especially for 650K this year. The back up (McWhatever) is a waste of money, considering he's been in, what, 3 games and started one???

Guest bigbadbrent

McElhinney makes 500k..He'll be great in a couple years..

I'm more worried about how much Phaneuf will be asking for after the huge contracts of his year-mates