Fly Fusion Forums

Fun Day On The Crow

lethfisher

Dr Bulltrout and I hit the crow today and it was a pretty sweet day. Out from about 8:30 till 3:30. DBT got I think 7 and I got 2 but it was a lot of fun.

Here are some pics of the day.

dbtfish.JPG

dbtscene.JPG

smallfish.JPG

IMGP1533.jpg

IMGP1536.jpg

This last one was a monster rainbow that a hooked and DBT had to help me get it in and it wouldn't fit in his net. You can see in the pic he is holding the net and I am trying to grab the fish out for a glamour shot. Unfortunately we were kneeling in the water and kinda on the ice shelf that was behind us lol As DBT had his camera out and I had the fish held up the whole ice shelf broke off and we both fell in the water and the fish went flopping back in the water and DBT dropped his camera in the water haha His camera was waterproof though so we fished it out afterwards. The fish was around 22" to 24" and was just hanging out in the some shallow riffle areas. Biggest trout ever for me! Whoohoo!

That's an unreal fish for the Crow - hard to tell how big it is, but even at 22" I only know two or three people who've met or bested it. Your fish looks like it was in much better shape than a few of those other ones. It reminds me of that hawg that McLennan caught in his video. Nice work!

Heh, sweet fish man. The biggest I have seen come from the crow (rainbow trout that is... ) is 24" and it was a scrawny ugly thing. Your fish is a gem. I know of a couple bigger I've been chasing for years, but alas, there smarter than me so far!

PS... "Ironlips shall be mine!!" :lol:

Maybe a good sign that the Crow is starting to hold larger fish...would that be an indicator of the overall "health" of the river? Also crazy he was hanging out in a shallow riffle expending energy...must've been something worthwhile in the currents.