Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing New Year's Resolutions

Guest bigbadbrent
hey troutslayer, pipestone and i were talking about a heli trip for golden in august, probably a weekend trip... none of this hiking crap. LOL

let me know about that....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have proper wading boots are shoes.. that's all.

any old pair of running shoes will do. i have gone barefoot as well. but stopped doing that after the crawfish on the island started trying to nibble my toes.

every year i spend $15 on 3 or 4 pairs of neoprene water socks from walmart, canadian tire or superstore. one pair wears out, use the next pair.

i will be looking into heli prices in march, it has to be a long weekend because we wanted to go up early on saturday and come back monday night.

Guest bigbadbrent
any old pair of running shoes will do. i have gone barefoot as well. but stopped doing that after the crawfish on the island started trying to nibble my toes.

every year i spend $15 on 3 or 4 pairs of neoprene water socks from walmart, canadian tire or superstore. one pair wears out, use the next pair.

i will be looking into heli prices in march, it has to be a long weekend because we wanted to go up early on saturday and come back monday night.

Find a heli that doesn't actually deal with a guide business, will be way cheaper. And if its for the ones in the castle area, even better (cheaper then the ones in the banff/jasper area)

I don't have proper wading boots are shoes.. that's all.

Just get some good sandals. I've been using the same pair of sandals for the last 3 or 4 years, wearing them over my neoprenes in winter and wearing them with shorts in the summer. My wading set-up cost me about $120 and it's lasted longer than almost any other gear I've owned. No breathable's in my foreseeable future.

Guest bigbadbrent
i lack disciplin...u dotn watch southpark dude...need too visit the "shittywock"

hahahahahahaha, 'damn mongolians attackin my shittywall'

1. I gotta find a way to get back to Alberta to fish in 'hopper season.

2. Do more fishing in southeast Minnesota, to check out how those streams have recovered from August's floods and to sign up for any habitat improvement projects necessitated by the floods.

3. Find more ways to improve the experience for volunteers to my river clean up in Wisconsin in April.

hey troutslayer, pipestone and i were talking about a heli trip for golden in august, probably a weekend trip... none of this hiking crap. LOL

Trailhead. i'll be south. come fish with me.

Birchy - take your pants off. you dont need waders if it is 20 - 30 degrees. that's what shorts and water socks are for.

Ms Strange, you are on, I will keep you posted as to tentative departures.

And Birchy, you gotta wet wade, keeps everything cool. ;)